Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: HELP NEEDED  (Read 656 times)

captain caffeine

HELP NEEDED
« on: 08 Dec 2002, 05:41:51 »
  Heres what I wanna do,  this is gonna be my first attempt at writing a script but I have no Idea where to begin and some ideas and input would be greatly appreciated.

I will be using real artillery no mock up stuff so forget old scripts please , they are all really great but going for realism or as close as I can come.

Ok either by trigger activation or radio (doesnt really matter which) I want an object,  OBJ1 to be placed in a direct line between the unit calling artillery and the artillery piece its self at a distance of say 50 meters in front of the gunner of said artillery piece and a height of 10 meters,

Now somewhere I need to use the distance command between the piece and the unit raising or lowering it conditional on the distance,  Now this should basically be placing a shell right on yer keester so the next step is to determine where abouts the enemy troops are as compared to your location, so it will need a command moving the object
up and down + or - 1 and left right one which of course involve  the (x,y,z) factoring in,  I realize that shells have a distance factor thats why it will be mainly used on mobile artillery, the Paladin and the new Russian Piece. I realize that no shell is the same so the distance factors and all that will have to be changed for different pieces, unless a velocity factor can be figured in.

Like I said I'm stumped on where to even start, shoulda tried
something easier , but what the heck. Thanks for any help
in advance.