Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Camera.sqs Tutorial  (Read 11761 times)

Cedaie

Re:Camera.sqs Tutorial
« Reply #45 on: 28 Aug 2002, 08:44:17 »
Ok, with that test, did you actually save the mission as something, what v of Windows are you running? Can you copy paste elsewhere in other different ways, do your ctrl buttons even work? do you use Notepad, if not use it!, cuz it could be the word formatting problem, try it, i think that might be it

crow

« Reply #46 on: 28 Aug 2002, 09:22:14 »
 :cheers:Ok Pow3r you need to download a program to DePBO.  After you have that you will need to depbo the scripts.pbo file in you OFP DTA folder.  This will get you the camera.sqs file.  Copy the file and put it into your mission folder.  The only way it will work is if you save the mission first.  The people on this site will not give up on you.  Relax and take a break come back and give it a shot.  If you can not find DePBO I will dig one up and email or finally post one on my web site. :cheers:

1stJemHadar

« Reply #47 on: 28 Aug 2002, 09:29:12 »
It's defined as _cam the next scene is in _camera :)
ooups :-[
ehem, right, I'll change that. Thanks!!  :)

Pow3r -
I really must have been quite tired yesterday:/
"/" and "7" is the same button on  europeen keyboards (or perhaps it's only the Swedish ones. We do have the "Ã...", "Ä" and "Ã-" letters in our alphabet).  Of course, yesterday I was too tired to remember that it isn't the same worldwide. Anyway, I hope you'll get it to work. Good luck!!

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #48 on: 28 Aug 2002, 09:44:06 »
I just remembered something. Do you have any command mapped to your left CTRL button? (You're right SFG, it's the left button, not the right one. Sorry 'bout that)

I know I have fire mapped onto that, but when I remapped my buttons and removed fire from the CTRL button, camera.sqs didn't work at all. It didn't copy the info I mean.
Check it, and if you don't have fire mapped to your left CTRL I think we've solved your problem.

Oh, and don't start with the dePBO stuff until we've covered all the easy solutions ;)

Cheers, KTottE
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Pow3r

« Reply #49 on: 28 Aug 2002, 12:15:44 »
kTotte I think we have a winner... I have nothing mapped to either ctrls... my fire button is my left mouse button.   1stJemHadar... that occurred to me after I replied :)  wondered if that was why ya said that hehe   I'll try using the mouse button instead of ctrl and if that doesn't work I'll save map first and I'll remap ctrl if need be... yadda yadda... Thanks very much for the imput guys... That'd be cool if this helped anyone else too... ohwell  get back to ya

Pow3r

« Reply #50 on: 28 Aug 2002, 12:22:20 »
KTotte  ;D  It was the ctrl not being bound to fire!  Can ya believe it?!   Wooohooo!   All I did was make ctrl "fire" along with my mouse button and it works perfectly... wow!   I can't believe it... I just needed to know the default bind for that blasted ctrl button hehe  THANKS so much guys for all of your input - Very very appreciated indeed.  Cheers!   :cheers: :cheers: :wave: :toocool: :thumbsup: :cheers:

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #51 on: 28 Aug 2002, 12:38:03 »
No problem mate, I'm always happy to help people out.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #52 on: 28 Aug 2002, 12:47:25 »
jeeeeze - i dont check this board for a day and it gets mad  ;D

well - this will all be added to the next version of the tute - i never knew the actual thing you had to do was press 'fire' - i learnt it as control - all my keys are set as default so it hasnt changed for me, and hence why i never found the problem.

cheers for all this info, and KTotteE as always being a big help.

well, as soon as the new site is up, then i'll transfer all this info over and we should have a complete guide.

:thumbsup:
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Cedaie

« Reply #53 on: 28 Aug 2002, 12:48:05 »
aww, I was the one who asked if the ctrl buttons worked, oh well, no credit for little old me  :-\

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #54 on: 28 Aug 2002, 12:56:21 »
I don't know how the Ed Depot will work, but if credit will be awarded in there, I'll be sure to mention your name ;)

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #55 on: 28 Aug 2002, 13:00:39 »
lol - i'll be sure to mention your name :thumbsup:
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

US-NATO_Term

« Reply #56 on: 05 Sep 2002, 01:12:57 »
:( i postted a camera.sqs just like this and no one ever read mine cuz i posted it then ofpec was beign worked on

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #57 on: 05 Sep 2002, 16:47:12 »
Was there a point to your post?

I do believe I answered all the camera.sqs related posts and threads on the old forum, but if I missed yours I'm sorry.
Even though you could have used the search function to find what you needed.

Anyway, this thread contains pretty much everything you need to know about camera.sqs. If you read it, you will understand how to use camera.sqs.
And since I (using my spidey-sense) predict that no more valuable posts will be made here, I'm locking this baby right now.
The info will be entered into the Ed Depot in due time, and then this thread will be deleted. Adios, sayonara, buh-bye.

*Slaps himself to stop from rambling*

Ah, yes. That's about it.

Cheers, KTottE

*Thread Locked*

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #58 on: 28 May 2005, 18:22:32 »
messiah's camera.sqs tutorial can now be found in the Editors Depot here.     Read snYpir's Intro to camera scripting first.

#Unstuck
« Last Edit: 29 May 2005, 15:59:43 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play