Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Camera.sqs Tutorial  (Read 11763 times)

SFG

Re:Camera.sqs Tutorial
« Reply #15 on: 27 Aug 2002, 00:11:30 »
~10  <---- makes the camera look at the above shot for 10s
Ahem.. that is not in seconds.. I believe it is half seconds..

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #16 on: 27 Aug 2002, 00:41:48 »
*cough*
Actually, it is seconds SFG  ;D
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #17 on: 27 Aug 2002, 01:00:25 »
lol sfg - and u call yourself a camera guy  ::)

KtottE - yep - shud have mentioned that (will do for version that i will personally add to the tutes section - maybe me and snYpir will do a complete cutscene tute - i'll ask him...

but yes - this isnt a complete tute for camera scripting - if you have not made cutscenes before then you will not understand this at all - please wait to get snYpirs tute.

cheers

:thumbsup:
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

SFG

« Reply #18 on: 27 Aug 2002, 01:26:09 »
Hmm.. well they dont seem like seconds to me ;)

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #19 on: 27 Aug 2002, 01:34:56 »
well, yes , ofp seconds are not very accurate - but they are close enuff - count up to 15 mins with only 5-7 secs out

Jakerod

« Reply #20 on: 27 Aug 2002, 01:56:59 »
Ya i think i will wait for the tutorial....I was gonna make a introduction video for my MOD but i suck so im not gonna... It is fun though just shoving a bunch of units in together and watching them fight threw the camera ;D

Cedaie

« Reply #21 on: 27 Aug 2002, 11:37:42 »
*to reply more quietly to the dude who deleted my thank-you post.*

Thanks a million for writing this, I sure as hell been through a lot of camera stuff till I saw this, so thanks again.

cheers  ;D

Cedaie

« Reply #22 on: 27 Aug 2002, 11:41:44 »
also, unless someone else pointed out another helpful tip is in your camera script you have your 3 of 4 cameras set up, but you need to test the timing, so at the end of your script type

unitnameyouwantcamtostartabove exec "camera.sqs", then get your camera in pos for camera 4, this way you can test out all the cameras as things happen.

cheers ;D
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2002, 11:43:12 by Cedaie »

Navy_Seals

« Reply #23 on: 27 Aug 2002, 12:19:35 »
Well would u look at this topic now,  :wow: Holly..... u know the rest. Yeah, it looks like more of...  ::) :P
lol sfg - and u call yourself a camera guy  ::)

He does, and i do call him a camera guy as well and im sure everyone else does. As for ur reference, he knew about script long time ago, plus when Ktotte explained u everything about this camera.sqs script in the old forums few weeks ago and u write a tutorial and show urself as "Holly grail" :hmm: u know it's not really nice. I respect the guy, no offence mate. Its like i saw another guy in the old forum who asked the same thing and the next day i see he writes a tut about it and stuff like that, like he is a pro already  ::)
Anyways, what can i say :help: ..... good job, just try to control urself abit :hmm:  arlight, cheers ;) :wave: :beat:
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2002, 12:26:20 by Navy_Seals »

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #24 on: 27 Aug 2002, 15:37:51 »
eh? not sure what you are on about.

1. I said that because SFG said it wasnt in seconds - which it is - and i know hes a camera guy, he works on the ofpec campaign with me - its called sarcasm

2. I didnt write this tute to be hailed a 'god' - and i do not consider myself one - i know KTottE wrote one in the old forums - but heres a news flash, they are gone - so i rewrote it to help the peeps who lost it.  Its the fact that every post i answered on here i told people about camera.sqs and they had never heard of it.

i try and help people and i get shot down - im not quite sure why i even bother writing these things - 'no offence' well, i think you should read your post again and see how worthy that is.  >:(

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #25 on: 27 Aug 2002, 15:57:32 »
Easy now boys.
I don't want to see a missunderstanding like this flare up into something big on my watch ;)

@Navy_Seals:
Messiah did this to be helpful, I know because he said so.
If it wasn't for the fact that this info is going into the Ed Depot once it's fully operational, I would have written that post myself.
So no angry comments about him playing God please ;D

@Messiah:
Obviously, Navy_Seals missunderstood your intentions with that thread.
Let's just leave it at that, so I don't get chewed out by my superiors for letting things like this happen on my turf ;D

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Navy_Seals

« Reply #26 on: 27 Aug 2002, 15:58:01 »
Oouuuu! Big guy is mad now  ;D Hey com'on Messy, take it easy and i didn't mean to offend u, but what i was pointing out that SFG is somehow right, that seconds ain't exactly the same as in real time.
but heres a news flash, they are gone - so i rewrote it to help the peeps who lost it

U did a great job, im not saying anything, the life will be easier  8)
i try and help people and i get shot down - im not quite sure why i even bother writing these things

Ahh so now u see how it feels like mate.  :-[

Anyways Messiah im sorry if i hurt ur feelings and u did a really great job, so keep it cool its worth it, aight?! What ya say, mates again, eh?!  ::)
Cheers and take care ya all, this is my last day  ;) :joystick: :wave:

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #27 on: 27 Aug 2002, 16:01:09 »
Last day?
Last day as in what?
Don't you dare leave these forums mate. I swear to God (Messiah  ;)) that I will come to your house and chain you to your computer.

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #28 on: 27 Aug 2002, 16:05:18 »
Awww come on guys... keep it civil huh?

We've got some good discussion going about this tutorial that Messiah was kind enough to write...

If this thread continues to smoulder round the edges, the discussion will be stopped before it goes up in flames

A bit of tolerance please everyone ;)

[edit]
Looks like you have to be quick round here tonite... ;D

Thanks guys...
[/edit]
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2002, 16:07:09 by Sui »

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #29 on: 27 Aug 2002, 18:17:35 »
lol - navy - no worries - i blew a bit as well.... but its all going to the ed depot as KTottE said and it will be updated - u didnt offend that much - i just over react.  :-[

as for the seconds - the next post i made does say they are 'ofpe' seconds - pretty good but not perfect - so i do know what sfg is on about.

the idea of this was just to relieve a few of the needless questions that we have to answer

and KTottE - hes moving to Canada - he'll be back online soon enuff - i hope :thumbsup:

have a good trip matey.

and lets all kiss and make up

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*