Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Coming soon...Ultimate Pyromanic Scripts  (Read 5714 times)

Pandoz

Re:Coming soon...Ultimate Pyromanic Scripts
« Reply #30 on: 09 Feb 2003, 19:52:57 »
k...thanx looking forward to it

Commando

« Reply #31 on: 09 Feb 2003, 20:24:26 »
Yeah me to :)
it would be great to get that script and not have to download some big mod pack because i got a small hardrive, lol on me  :P

Leone

« Reply #32 on: 10 Feb 2003, 14:34:00 »
My hard drive is bigger than your hard drive  ;) ;D :P

Like I said..see what I can do guys  :-\ :)

Yahoo

« Reply #33 on: 04 Mar 2003, 23:17:17 »
Any progress??

Yahoo

« Reply #34 on: 19 Mar 2003, 22:35:40 »
Bump

Commando

« Reply #35 on: 20 Mar 2003, 17:56:29 »
How's that script going? We been waiting for quite sometime now...can't you release a beta version at least? :P

Yahoo

« Reply #36 on: 20 Mar 2003, 18:05:31 »
Totally Agree Commando! 8)

ScrubMuncher

« Reply #37 on: 21 Mar 2003, 05:14:43 »
Hey!  What happened to the "patiently-waiting-for-the-last-tweak" thing?  (HOW many LONG months ago ;))  The more they debug, the more you fester,   the better it'll be when it gets here! **nudging Leone**  GETS here,  get it?  ;D

Yahoo

« Reply #38 on: 21 Mar 2003, 17:11:52 »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Leone

« Reply #39 on: 02 Apr 2003, 04:39:04 »
Yeah I know. Soz about the delay. :'( What has happened is this. We can't release it as a stand-alone script because of the way it is integrated into the mod. I am VERY sorry about this. On the positive side when the OPGWC mod is released you will have full access to it.

I am truely sorry it can't be released as a stand-alone....it would take to long, and ChupChup who is making our scripts has a new job that is keeping him busy. Also the 1.91 thing changed a few bits.

I will tell you the basics of how things are being done. Anything that you want to be able to explode/burn needs a name. That name is passed onto an array of "burnable" objects. When they reach a threashold level of damage they are passed to another array of "burning" objects and a script that simulates an explosion. Then it is passed to another script where smoke/fire is executed, and to another script where the smoke/fire dies down. Once these scripts have finished it is passed to another array where it stays....not "burnable" or "burning"

Whilst in the "burning" array it is possible for a soldier to catch on fire by being to close to a burning object. This is done by checking the distance from an object on the "burning" array list against the soldiers. Again, if the distance is small enough then the soldier is passed to a "burning" array...but a different one (burning men can't set barrels alight). A series of scripts are executed that make the unit burn, run off in a random direction, then die and smoulder for a bit!

The problem is getting the right things to set off the right things. You want a burning barrel to be able to set off a man, but not the other way around. So working out what objects have to be passed from which array to which array, and execute which scripts is a time consuming business, especially when 1.91 was thrown into the mix. Getting things to set other things off at the right damage levels etc etc takes some effort.

When the barrels shoot up it's because there is a grenade (I think) camcreated about 10m underneath them, and setdamaged to 1. It explodes and the barrel goes flying :) This way you get some nice random effects. In our tests the explosion never looks the same twice.

Hope that gives you some idea of what the workings are (I'm not the best at explaining it....I make islands and textures...) Ideally it will be set up in the mod so all mission makers will have to do is name any object that they want scripts to apply to, and edit an init.sqs with a few true/false conditions. You won't even have to type anything into the init line of an object. But integrating these things is a big job, mainly because there are a whole load of scripts we are hoping to implement...and getting them to all tie together....damage levels, random conditions, what if this sets off this?? etc etc is damm fiddly stuff!

So finally I apologise that they aren't available at the moment, I hope what I've said gives you some idea of how they will work, and I hope you all download the 1.00 Version of the OPGWC Mod when it is released.  :)

Yahoo

« Reply #40 on: 02 Apr 2003, 16:53:46 »
Yell thanks for getting back to us  ;D :'(

Pandoz

« Reply #41 on: 08 Apr 2003, 06:24:15 »
**** ****a ****** mother ********* s*** lol jk well im really looking forward to this mod if its got these scripts in it...good to hear from ya atleast.

Leone

« Reply #42 on: 11 Apr 2003, 18:01:38 »
Yeh, soz about all this. It will all happen, it's just taking a lot of time. We've got a lot of scripts to put together...and some of the things they apply to haven't actually been fully built yet. So there's a whole series of integrating everything that awaites us after the first lot of things to do is done.

I know that sounds a bit abstract  ::) but we don't want to say "Yes, we are doing this script/whatever" and then it doesn't end up being part of the mod (for whatever reason...there's some hurdles to get over yet). Don't want to say to much and then apologise later if you know what I mean. But rest assured playing OPGWC will be a different experience....I've been flying over one of the islands all week in an A-10 trying to blow up hangers just using the cannon.....and it's sweeeeeeeet  ;D ;D ;D