Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ? about a policy  (Read 1652 times)

Shrike

? about a policy
« on: 15 Dec 2002, 05:53:39 »
What is the deal with locking threads if they start to talk about Sci-Fi mods, if you don't mind me asking? I found this to be very odd, considering I don't see the point in it, so maybe someone could explain? ???

Offline Mike_Beil

• Former Staff
    • OFP Editing Center...I pity the foo who doesn't visit it!
Re:? about a policy
« Reply #1 on: 15 Dec 2002, 10:02:20 »
OFPEC is more realistic addon oriented.  SciFi mods are not our focus,  So they will be deleted.  Same with addons at the Addon Depot.

Offline Wolfsbane

• Former Staff
  • Rubber Duckie! Mah rubber duckie!!
    • OFP Editing Center
« Reply #2 on: 16 Dec 2002, 01:14:53 »
If you would be so kind as to please read the Agreement Form which you signed upon joining the Forums, you will find our reasons there.

Or if you would check the Forum by searching for the keywords you've mentioned 'Sci-Fi' and a few others, you'd probably find threads like yours with extensive reasoning.

I have actually just answered a thread with the exact same question, only a few days ago. It's a few threads below this one.

It gets a bit tiring repeating the same thing over and over.

Thanks.
 ;D
The greatest days, with the greatest people.. OFPEC.. The friends are never forgot.

Offline Sefe

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 16 Dec 2002, 01:41:12 »
It gets a bit tiring repeating the same thing over and over.

And if you should think you could make us change our minds just by repeating the same thing over and over, you're wrong. If the reasoning behind requests like the above (not claiming that it actually is like this) should be that the best way to make us change our policy is to ask often enough, you should better save your energy for some more promising things.

Let it be said once again:

The OFPEC forums will not change their policy about Sci-Fi threads deemed off topic, no matter how often you'll ask.

The reasons for that have been pointed out so often that it would be pointless repeating them once more.

Shrike

« Reply #4 on: 16 Dec 2002, 05:16:52 »
That's cool. Sorry for bothering you.