Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: SEB Nam Pack 2: Released.  (Read 43214 times)

Quang Tri

Re:SEB Nam Pack 2: Released.
« Reply #75 on: 28 Nov 2002, 20:28:14 »
All I can say is WOW!!

Great Job all who took part in this pack it really is top notch ;D

THANK YOU ALL!!

p.s Any one like to share their great new missions using this pack send them my way ill post them for you.. I have my first three missions done for a campaign Using this great pack ;)

Quang Tri

erfworm

« Reply #76 on: 28 Nov 2002, 20:57:31 »
Hey Seb its rockin! Ive already started on a level where you are the second wave of an assualt force with all kinds of surprises ahead. Ive got one question though can I get the list of the syntax's used to animate the helicopter doors and the like. I saw them somewhere but cant find them anymore I checked the Read-me dont see it there either. Thanks Lata

Oh yeah if possible could you make the list of animations in a text file for download? Thanks :)

Eviscerator

« Reply #77 on: 28 Nov 2002, 21:02:12 »
er...the list of animations are a couple of pages back, copy and paste them yourself :P

Offline Nixer6

• Members
« Reply #78 on: 28 Nov 2002, 21:20:20 »
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone :)

I'm happy, I'm off work for at least 10 days, and I get to play with the new pack ;D

I'll download it today, whilst I am consuming mass quantities of Turkey, Beer and wine  ;D

I just KNOW it will be great ;)

This is definately cause for celebration............
Why do I have to be a Rocket Scientist to make a good mission?

midway

« Reply #79 on: 29 Nov 2002, 00:00:09 »
Um how do i get the Air cav logo on the choppers?
What program must i use?

imemyself

« Reply #80 on: 29 Nov 2002, 00:02:35 »
Another thing that could be useful would be if there were units without the dispersion mags in a different category(by categories I mean men/car/armor etc.) so it'd be easier to use them

NoRSu

« Reply #81 on: 29 Nov 2002, 00:03:29 »
Could the Mosing Nagant firing sound be changed to next version whenever it comes out. It's quite weak and can't be heared from 300 meters away :-\. I usually locate snipers by listening where the shots come from, but it's quite hard now to locate any Mosing snipers since the sound is almost as quiet as silenced M3.

The pack still kicks some major ass no matter what, great fun in MP coop ;D.

Um how do i get the Air cav logo on the choppers?
What program must i use?

This has been answered many times for now, but oh well. Just put one of these three lines to chopper's initialization line in mission editor:

this setObjectTexture [0,"\sebnam_vh\sebartaircav.paa"]
or
this setObjectTexture [0,"\sebnam_vh\sebartgunship.paa"]
or
this setObjectTexture [0,"\sebnam_vh\sebartswords.paa"]
« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2002, 00:06:24 by NoRSu »

imemyself

« Reply #82 on: 29 Nov 2002, 00:47:13 »
I hope you make some atleast some Navy planes especially the A-1 Skyraider.  The Skyraider was one of the most important a/c of the war.

edit:It seems like the craters that you have built in to Ia Trang can be destroyed.  They kinda roll perpindicular to the ground.
« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2002, 03:07:49 by imemyself »

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #83 on: 29 Nov 2002, 01:27:02 »
Make than the Hovercraft only work on water and I thought Fliper has gived his AC to BAS Team so you have the model only textures ;)

Eviscerator

« Reply #84 on: 29 Nov 2002, 02:13:25 »
the skyraider has been made, i modelled the A-1E a few days ago, but it was also a USAF plane and as we have no carrier its better for them to be air force(also making the colours fit in as planes like the A37 were solely airforce), and BoNeCoLLeCToR we arent the BAS team :) although i believe the carrier fliper had was a model from 3d cafe he was using to demonstrate, although i could be wrong, and texturing is the hardest part, it would take months to create the textures for a full sized aircraft carrier, and also making a hovercraft is hard, they are pretty big things too, its not as though we can snap our fingers and have one appear...

the type of colourscheme that will probably be used, i believe its the official south east asia colourscheme:

« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2002, 02:22:01 by Eviscerator »

Toshiba

« Reply #85 on: 29 Nov 2002, 06:28:56 »
hey there Eviscerator, i want to learn how to model for OFP, i was wondering in order to model a model, such as a plane like the A-1E, do you have to know how to draw scatchs? or you need programs? any tips?

ToShIbA :wave:

Stinger

« Reply #86 on: 29 Nov 2002, 06:45:17 »
 :'( :'( im not sure if this is just me or not but my game keeps crashing when i use the helicopters the only ones i can use are the UH-1D Dustoff and the UH-1H Slick otherwise when i use the others it crashes without a warning message cna someone tell me whats wrong is this becuase im missing and addon or is it becuase it is reacting weird with another addon i have i heard that can happen not sure if it is true. can someone please help me thanks in advance.

P.S. this is awesome its a dream come true i feel like crying i probably will cry if i can get the other choppers to work

Aeon

« Reply #87 on: 29 Nov 2002, 06:56:03 »
Did anyone notice a bug with ambient sounds ?
You can hear night ambient sounds but not day ambient sounds. I made a little sound fix and it was available on my website few hours ago (no more right now). I understood it would be much better to wait the next "official" SEB update/bug-fix  
If you don't have my fix, too late you are too short  :toocool:  let's wait together
If you have it, please please do not share! I've made a mistake in release it too early (sometimes I'm stupid  :( )
« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2002, 06:58:17 by Aeon »

Toshiba

« Reply #88 on: 29 Nov 2002, 06:57:01 »
A Big thanks from the SEB Team for all the comments (good and bad ;)). We're pleasently surprised by the small number of bug reports given the size and complexity of the pack.

Having said that there have been some bugs detected. We're still looking for more and depending on the severity will then decide ho wbest to handle it. Given the size of the pack, we don't want to have to keep releasing updates, so we may wait until the armor or air module is complete before addressing the current bugs.

Current bugs:

1) lack of ranging gear on the mortor
2) wrong sight on the stoner
3) missing texture oh6 rotors
4) used Kegetys's old rpg7 info - get updated files from 1.1
5) rpd scope wrong not as round as model
6) Pilot glasses showing?
7) Resistance Villager1 - wrong weapon
8) some reports of crashing-cause unknown at this stage

number 7) is easy to fix, the Resistance side Villager1 uses the standard AK47, not the high dispersion ones in NP2. Just put this in the init line to correct it.

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "sebak47mag"; this addweapon "sebak47"; this addmagazine "sebak47mag"; this addmagazine "handgrenade"; this addmagazine "handgrenade"

Keep the bug reports coming.

Pic from a Dinger mission. the Air Cav are storming a DsHK and Mortar position. They all came up over the small rise and got on line and just all opened up firing...
SelectThis

Select This what do you mean exactly get the upgrade files from 1.1? for the RPG7?

Aeon, i couldnt download the config.cpp because i got some authroize denied, i need to be registered to dl from your site?
« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2002, 07:05:51 by Toshiba »

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #89 on: 29 Nov 2002, 07:38:57 »
Stinger, make sure you copied all the pbo files in properly, most likely you are mission some of the following
sebnam_vg
sebnam_vo
sebnam_vl
sebnam_vs

Toshiba
Try the tutorials for learning how to make models.

The bug list if for us to fix, don't worry about changing anything ;)

SelectThis