Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: SEB Nam Pack 2: Released.  (Read 43216 times)

monkeyking

Re:SEB Nam Pack 2: Released.
« Reply #30 on: 27 Nov 2002, 05:59:16 »
Mad, mad props going out to all the NAM Pack 2 people:thumbsup: :toocool:
I have only checked out some of the stuff you have done, but from what I have seen, has been of fantastic quality.
As others have said, you have more or less given us a new expansion pack for OFP, and I for one am very thankful to you all for it.
I sincerely hope that you all feel proud of all that you have accomplished, you deserve to be.
Keep up all the good work, and I look forward to your next offering and more very cool stuff for OFP NAM. After a well deserved rest of course ;)

Congrats and thank you.

mk
:cheers:

Offline ebud

• Members
  • What me worry?
« Reply #31 on: 27 Nov 2002, 06:25:08 »
Wow, only one day, and the props just keep a comin'. :)

Yes, we spent a lot of time making the things we wanted to play with. It's a plus that people have been wanting these as well. I've been wanting a "good" Nam era FPS for years.

We do plan on working on more updates. The air module is one, a heavy weapons pack, armor pack, ARVN pack, Aussie pack...etc.

Plus we need to work on a play guide for these units for the folks who haven't brushed up on their history :)
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Jack Handey

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #32 on: 27 Nov 2002, 07:28:38 »
Ebud,

lol, m8 not so sure about ALL those modules.. Air and Armor for sure. The others...doubtful.

SelectThis

Azraell

« Reply #33 on: 27 Nov 2002, 09:01:37 »
just got it downloaded ;D  tho i have never played it b4, the screenshots look killer, good work in advance 8) :D  ......   my 2nd mission will not be a res mission now.... and i have much knowledge of vietnam. My old man was a medic in a marine platoon, 1st marine div. (rein.) FMF 68-69.....TET, so theyll(my missions) most likely will reflect some of the past.....thanks for the addon! :D      

Wires

« Reply #34 on: 27 Nov 2002, 09:52:27 »
Did I read 'Aussie pack'  :D

monkeyking

Re:SEB Nam Pack 2: Released. More Praise
« Reply #35 on: 27 Nov 2002, 10:44:45 »
So I was playing around with the helos in the new pack, and also re-reading Chickenhawk, and there is a bit where Bob talks about the Huey being able to do a trick where, on the ground and with the rotor going at normal speed you can cut the power, and picking the machine up to a four foot hover rotate a full 360 and put it back on the ground.
So I tried it with a UH-1D, with a slight veriation, I put it at a four foot hover, cut the power and spun the machine a full 360 before hitting the ground.  :toocool:
I pretty sure that you guys on the SEB team would not go to that much care and detail (if you did then:wow:) but it was pretty cool to try it and find that it worked. :thumbsup:
I thought that I would just share that with you all, and now I'm off to tell some more readers and try some autorotation stuff too.

So enough of the emotes and back to the pack.

mk

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #36 on: 27 Nov 2002, 11:00:04 »
im at college at th emoment and the pack is sitting on my hd, i cant wait till iget home.

Offline DrStrangelove

• Members
  • Mr.Creative
« Reply #37 on: 27 Nov 2002, 12:29:12 »
We need a thread where all Nampack2.0 Server names & IPs are collected together. So far i only know 1 german server but there have to be more, i hope !

Evis ? Did you encounter more nam servers yesterday?

CareyBear

« Reply #38 on: 27 Nov 2002, 15:15:18 »
Some screenshots I took of the 'nam choppers shooting things up at midnight.
[img removed]nightstrike1.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: 27 Nov 2002, 15:19:08 by CareyBear »

CareyBear

« Reply #39 on: 27 Nov 2002, 15:22:06 »
Another
[img removed]nightstrike9.jpg[/img]

CODY2622

« Reply #40 on: 27 Nov 2002, 16:00:39 »
Well boys. I'm back. I had a dream that I deleted OFP and it wouldn't install again and there were no copies availbe to buy and had just gotten resistance. Man, those pics sure are stimulating me to kill some NVA but I can't because I don't have resistance yet. Oh well. Just a month away. Hope I can live that long.

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #41 on: 27 Nov 2002, 16:45:41 »
I have just seen what "The Trang" some outlandish bases

8)

Dkraver

« Reply #42 on: 27 Nov 2002, 17:30:09 »
Really great work on the nam pack. Going to play a lot with it and looking forward to the air and armour modules.
But, there always is a but  :).
1. Texture missing on the loaches rotorheads, both the main and and tail, when looking from the outside. This is not all the time, but seems to come as some angles whe look aound it.
2. Why the helicopter gunners sight on the loach with left gunner?? All other chooper door gunners dont.
3. Should the sight on the stoner be the same as on the m60?? when looking at the model sights it should be more like a m16 sight than and nothing like the m60 sight.
Keep up the great work.

Oh and not to presure or nothing but at what state is the air and armour module??

der_baer_fm

« Reply #43 on: 27 Nov 2002, 17:31:58 »
Is there a difference between the 2 "slick" helos ?(UH-1D; UH-1H), dint find one, textures and model seem identical to me... ???

But they look great, and the Gunships are even better!!! ;D

Offline ebud

• Members
  • What me worry?
« Reply #44 on: 27 Nov 2002, 17:35:54 »
Ebud,

lol, m8 not so sure about ALL those modules.. Air and Armor for sure. The others...doubtful.

SelectThis

Well, all the ARVN pack would need is the Army Soldier with the clean helmet with no liner like we had at one point, but with the VC faces.

The aussie units would use the SF p3ds, but with the ruck removed and use most of the green jungle fatigues we already have with the floppy hat.

The heavy weapons would just be the recoiless rifle that we already have, plus a scaled down shoulder version.

So to be honest the work is already done.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Jack Handey