Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: SEB Nam Pack 2: Released.  (Read 43479 times)

Eviscerator

Re:SEB Nam Pack 2: Released.
« Reply #210 on: 06 Dec 2002, 00:41:01 »
and that makes you crash right away? as i was playing all the way until i died there, i got up into the village and was fighting there for about 5-6 minutes before a machinegunner got me

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #211 on: 06 Dec 2002, 01:23:28 »
a new version? aaaargh - damn crashes - ive just spent 8 hours d/l this pack (really awesome btw - and Evis, the GetRight thing is awesome) and now u need to edit it? bugger.

pls maybe consider a patch - i cant handle a new 45mb d/l
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Toshiba

« Reply #212 on: 06 Dec 2002, 05:13:30 »
Like he said ;)

Seriously, in the beginning we just had Aircav troopers, and that was a perfect compliment to the Helo's. Now that we have armor, there really needed to be line infantry to go with them.

In regards to them all looking the same, they're close, but there is quite a bit of variety. I had wanted to give the line units rucks to really differentiate them from the Aircav troops, but they were a huge hit to the framerate. So they were removed before they got to far along. So now the regular use much of the same p3ds as the aircav.

awww man that sucks, i wish u guys would have put in those rucks would have made the marines, aircav and others more realistic.....i have had no crashes at all, even with 50 units on a map, here r my specs

and my pc is a Alienware:

2.8Ghz
2BG Ram
Radeon 9700 128mb video card
200GB HD
wins xp home edition

and no crashes for me guys, maybe its ur pc?

and ebud any possiblity of ever, ever seeing the SEB nam troops with the rucks? man i wish we could have gotten those with the marines....becasue my frame dont lag at all...

ToShIbA :wave:

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #213 on: 06 Dec 2002, 06:52:35 »
Hey STT notice this bug too in your list the Sapnam or I don't know the name well the VC Boat it shake on the water fix this the US boat is cool

SFG

« Reply #214 on: 06 Dec 2002, 06:55:42 »
He's aware of that bug ;) It is a nice little boat, I hope gets fixed as well.

Desdichado

« Reply #215 on: 06 Dec 2002, 10:45:40 »
and that makes you crash right away? as i was playing all the way until i died there, i got up into the village and was fighting there for about 5-6 minutes before a machinegunner got me

- Hi Evis

I moved over the river, flanked left to avoid fire from the DsHK's, moved up into the forrest on the left side, almost on top (left of village), some trees was all I saw, then total freeze.

Played for about 6-7 minutes...  

That was with US Marine Soldier #12

While I tested this mission I never got a crash (forget that, just did)

I will try more today...   ;D

EDIT: Still can't find the .rpt file, but I got another freeze and checked the event viewer, this is what it said.

Hanging application FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE, version 1.0.0.90, hang module FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE, version 1.0.0.90, hang address 0x000321b8.

Hmmm, I am gonna go back to XP pro without the sp 1, use DX8.1 and Cat2.4 6200 drivers, I'm off the DX9 expirience for now)

BRB, formatting...   ::)

EDIT: Done formatting, XP pro, no service pack, played same mission, but this time I was NVA soldier 11, no crash, wiped out the US in ten minutes.  :o

Well, I'm off playing the US to see if that will make it crash...   ;D

EDIT: Hmmm, still no crash, finished of the mission playing US Marine 12, took the village in 16 minutes. I know 16 minutes isn't enough to test for crash, but that is how long it took me to take the village.

Usually a crash/freeze accours after a few minutes of play, from 1-5 minutes.

Have testet a couple of other missions from the editor, still no crashes...

Could the freeze/crash issue have something to do with XP pro integrated sp1? (just a thought)

Thx a lot for helping out.

Best regards
Jan Fredrik Lund
Norway

This is the mission I had the freeze in before doing the above.
« Last Edit: 06 Dec 2002, 22:41:45 by Desdichado »

Eviscerator

« Reply #216 on: 06 Dec 2002, 20:13:42 »
a new version? aaaargh - damn crashes - ive just spent 8 hours d/l this pack (really awesome btw - and Evis, the GetRight thing is awesome) and now u need to edit it? bugger.

pls maybe consider a patch - i cant handle a new 45mb d/l

why a new version? at the minute we dont know whats causing it, so no point for a new version, unless we notice something major and have the fix for it we arent planning on updating till the modules

Vyper

« Reply #217 on: 06 Dec 2002, 23:48:20 »
Can anybody help?

I've had no crashes and this isn't about that.

The logos on the front of the choppers. I've tried them and i can't get them to work

All i'm doing is just typing this:

this setobjecttexture [0,"\sebnam_vh\sebartaircav.paa"]

:Into the init field of a UH-1D........is this wrong?

Well it is coz its not working but could somebody tell me where i'm going wrong please

Vyper

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #218 on: 07 Dec 2002, 00:17:02 »
Vyper,

I copied and pasted exactly what you typed into the init line of a D model.

Worked fine.

SelectThis

Eviscerator

« Reply #219 on: 07 Dec 2002, 01:06:04 »
worked for me too

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #220 on: 07 Dec 2002, 12:31:29 »
evis, when i download using getright - it gets all the pbo's ok, but all the readme's and jpegs dont work...

could you possibly post a copy of the NP2 readme here? i need it so i can add the objecttexture pics onto the chopper.

oh, and also, i have a pbo called sebnam_1a which wasnt in any of the folders in the zip - just sitting there in the zip - where does this go?

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #221 on: 07 Dec 2002, 13:36:54 »
The sebnam_1a.pbo goes with the pbo files that are meant to go in the res/addons folder.

I'll copy of the readme attached.

SelectThis

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #222 on: 07 Dec 2002, 15:09:10 »
ok, this pack rules... im making ahuge mission and its just so much fun

one question:

the mine pack  -are any of those given used by the NVA or VC? cos it would be nice to hhave an enemy minefield to contend with...

im making the real life mission where the Yanks assult Xray and then move on to take the hill - whatever that hill was called - got some nicely placed machine gun bunkers  :P

NoRSu

« Reply #223 on: 07 Dec 2002, 15:59:08 »
Here's a nice idea for next version:

"Huey wreck" objects ;)
« Last Edit: 07 Dec 2002, 15:59:46 by NoRSu »

Eviscerator

« Reply #224 on: 07 Dec 2002, 16:18:12 »
ive never had that happen to me messiah, the american mines are: M14, the bouncing betty and the claymore the rest are vietnamese i believe they are the pineapple and the pomz