Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: SEB Nam Pack 2: Released.  (Read 43480 times)

imemyself

Re:SEB Nam Pack 2: Released.
« Reply #165 on: 03 Dec 2002, 01:13:42 »
Yes it does have a good claymore.  It also has several other types of mines.  Some of them need scripts to operate correctly though.

FatJoe

« Reply #166 on: 03 Dec 2002, 02:21:00 »
...STT, great stuff matey, and really good to see you worked out how to do the setobject texture...

*Cough's for the rest of the team* ;D

Cheers
Joe

Offline Dinger

• Contributing Member
  • where's the ultra-theoretical mega-scripting forum
« Reply #167 on: 03 Dec 2002, 05:21:09 »
Yes, the claymore is "proper".
All of the mines have scripts, but thanks to EH, you won't notice most of them.
The only scripting that is needed is a single line in the init.sqs file, and the truth be told (and we didn't put this in the docs lest we confuse people), it only needs to be there for multiplayer.
Dinger/Cfit

Desdichado

« Reply #168 on: 03 Dec 2002, 14:40:23 »
RE: Crashes

What version of the game are guys running?

I am running 1.90 and it crashes frequently.

(trying to find a solution here by narrowing down a long list, I think it is one of the units in NamPack2 that is causing this)

Best regards
Jan Fredrik Lund
Norway

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #169 on: 03 Dec 2002, 16:31:37 »
*cough* claps the other 300+ people who helped  ;D

anywhere i can download this all seperately? 45mb is too much - i have a 2 hour cutoff - and at the moment i just want the island for a columbia mission im making

the 56k site wont load either....  :-\
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Offline ebud

• Members
  • What me worry?
« Reply #170 on: 03 Dec 2002, 17:04:28 »
RE: Crashes

What version of the game are guys running?

I am running 1.90 and it crashes frequently.

(trying to find a solution here by narrowing down a long list, I think it is one of the units in NamPack2 that is causing this)

Best regards
Jan Fredrik Lund
Norway

running 1.9 with no crashes :( Honestly.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Jack Handey

whiplash2000a

« Reply #171 on: 03 Dec 2002, 17:46:46 »
I'm running 1.9 with crashes frequently. I am just curious... what graphics mode are you guys running off of? I have an nvidia geforce2 mx (til x-mas) using hardware T & L. Perhaps this is part of the problem.
« Last Edit: 03 Dec 2002, 17:47:19 by whiplash2000a »

Eviscerator

« Reply #172 on: 03 Dec 2002, 21:20:39 »
im running 1.9 and only get very infrequent crashes, at the minute it looks linked to the amount of units you use, we are still looking, but the frequent crashing doesnt seem to happen to a lot of people, im only getting maybe 1 out of 30 people saying theyve had a crash

and its not to do with hwt&l, i use it and i only get a crash once in a blue moon

oh and messiah: http://www.getright.com it will allow you to resume the download even after restarting your pc
« Last Edit: 03 Dec 2002, 21:24:51 by Eviscerator »

knepo

« Reply #173 on: 03 Dec 2002, 22:35:47 »
when I move in the uh-1c ara as cargo. I can raise and lower the pilots sight. Is this supposed to happen? :-\

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #174 on: 03 Dec 2002, 22:37:13 »
ive never had a crash with the am pack, ive placed loads of units and nowt, gets very laggy but apart from that its fine

res v1.9
1.4 athlon
512ddr
geforce3

Eviscerator

« Reply #175 on: 03 Dec 2002, 22:57:33 »
knepo: yes

Desdichado

« Reply #176 on: 03 Dec 2002, 22:59:37 »
Hi again...

I belive there is one certain unit in the Nampack that causes these crashes, the first map I designed I had to try out almost every unit (place, test, remove and so on, and so fourth). It was this map that crashed on me, I have now made others, but they do not crash.

If I could only remember what unit it was, all I am almost certain at is that it is a US unit or vehichle...

I have ruled out the choppers, the mortars, all Air Cavs, all Marines and all Army boys.

Perhaps it was one of the vehichles? I tried them all before I remebered that it was nothing but the name (coming later).

The crashes occured even when all I saw was my gunsight and some trees, so I don't think it has something to do with how many units you see at the same time...

Will investigate further...

Best regards
Jan Fredrik Lund
Norway

Donnervogel

« Reply #177 on: 03 Dec 2002, 23:02:22 »
I've got one crash so far but it was when I experimented with older graphic card drivers. No crash so far with the actual Nvidia detonator drivers.

Eviscerator

« Reply #178 on: 03 Dec 2002, 23:10:53 »
from another forum

I have a Athlon XP1600+, Nvidia Geforce 2 MX 400, and 256 DDR Ram. It might be my video card, since yours is significantly better. The mission I made isn't that great, just for my own entertainment purpose. In it, you are inserted by a helo into the rice fields in the south part of the map. A few moments later, your squad is attacked by huge amounts of Vietnamese, speciafically VC. These are the following counts of things:
4 squads of Air Cav
4 Huey's that insert you
1 UH-1C Gunship
1 DKM Bronco that takes part in a script that drops napalm, but is deleted after the bomb run.
2 VC Recon Squads
6 VC Infantry squads
2 VC Heavy weapons squads
2 VC Mortars
4 Civilians
Airstrike/Napalm airstrike script

That's it, I know it's quite a lot, and I tried toning my settings down, but the game freezes about 5 minites after the start of the mission. I have ran larger battles before, with much more units.

youve ruled out all the american units he uses, and he uses no armour, but still crashes

Eviscerator

« Reply #179 on: 03 Dec 2002, 23:32:49 »
the guy i quoted removed the vc mortar and the crashing stopped, can anyone else test and see if this works?