Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: SEB Nam Pack 2: Released.  (Read 43219 times)

contraz0rz

Re:SEB Nam Pack 2: Released.
« Reply #15 on: 26 Nov 2002, 22:08:31 »
I'm so glad I decided to be sick and stay home from school today ;D Good job on the pack guys!

BAT

« Reply #16 on: 26 Nov 2002, 22:08:44 »
 :wow:

You guys are now my new Deity!!! Let the sacrifices begin!!!

I have been following this thread since the beginning and I must say it was well worth the wait. You guys are one of the BEST!!!

Keep up the great work :thumbsup:

palleand

« Reply #17 on: 26 Nov 2002, 22:08:52 »
 ;D ;D cant stop smiling this is the best addon YET to have come to operation flashpoint, u have brought new life to this game thank u!!!

Bucket man

« Reply #18 on: 26 Nov 2002, 22:36:19 »
Pack great! :) Excellent job you guys. Only thing that i miss is MAT49 for NVA but it aint that importnant.

Vyper

« Reply #19 on: 26 Nov 2002, 22:51:41 »
started downloading at 19:46......its now 20:46..............i'm on 37 percent......so another 2 hours and i should be done!

The screens of this pack look amazing!

I especially like the Huey dropping off those troops on the rocky crag, a homage to the famous photo...

Operation Flashpoint : Cold War Crises
Operation Flashpoint : Red Hammer
Operation Flashpoint : Resistance
and tahnks to you guys, theres a fourth conitation to the game
Operation Flashpoint : Vietnam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've basically given us a new game here....just without an engine.......new era, new gameplay styles options, new tactics, new worlds and new enimies!

THANK YOU SEB TEAM!!!!!!!

One thing.....if you could figure how to have custom voices for units?! You'd be laughing like the NVA did....all the way to Saigon!

GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB GO SEB

Vyper

SFG

« Reply #20 on: 26 Nov 2002, 23:00:42 »
Yea.. through out beta testing this pack, I thought to myself..
most of this stuff is over BIS quality. SEB team put thousands of hours into this pack its definitly worth it. You'd be a fool not to download it.
« Last Edit: 26 Nov 2002, 23:43:18 by SFG »

TAPNKEGS

« Reply #21 on: 26 Nov 2002, 23:25:38 »
  To the SEB team....

A BIRTH TO BE PROUD OF !!!!!

What a labor this was for you guys. The professionalism throughout the creative process to release was on par with any high quality PAID team. I only had a chance to check out the choppers before being dragged to work and I must say they BLOW BIS away. Even the details of the doors opening was a nice touch and i'm sure a pain in the arse to implement. I flew each one and ( this is just my opinion) the sounds are perfect the behavior is right -on and the one that caught me off guard was the OH-6 with the gunner position that was NOT fixed but was able to aim... VERY COOL.

The only question I had is how do you incorporate the AIR-CAV logo on the chopper, I have NO idea how to do this, any help would be welcome.

Thanks again you guys for putting up with our impatience and giving us a game in itself worthy of production.....HINT to BIS.

Offline ebud

• Members
  • What me worry?
« Reply #22 on: 26 Nov 2002, 23:36:01 »
SelectThis put thousands of hours into this pack its definitly worth it.

<cough>

:)
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Jack Handey

NoRSu

« Reply #23 on: 26 Nov 2002, 23:37:11 »
The only question I had is how do you incorporate the AIR-CAV logo on the chopper, I have NO idea how to do this, any help would be welcome.

Just put one these three lines to chopper's initialization field:

this setObjectTexture [0,"\sebnam_vh\sebartaircav.paa"]
or
this setObjectTexture [0,"\sebnam_vh\sebartgunship.paa"]
or
this setObjectTexture [0,"\sebnam_vh\sebartswords.paa"]

SFG

« Reply #24 on: 26 Nov 2002, 23:44:32 »
SelectThis put thousands of hours into this pack its definitly worth it.

<cough>

:)
Doh'!
Sorry :) The whole Team put hours of work into it :)

imemyself

« Reply #25 on: 27 Nov 2002, 00:14:43 »
Very, very, very nice addon. :) :)
Thank you so much. :-*

I think the sounds, especially the minigun, might need to be changed/improved.  Several of them play and then theres a gap in between when it plays again even though the gun keeps firing.

Again, this is a very(theres not enough room to put all the very's it deserves) nice addon.
Edit:
A few other issues:

1. No wound textures for chest

2. I got an idea:maybe make different versions of Ia Drang/Trang what ever it is that allow the ai to land at different airports.  I think all you'd have to do would be make new pbo's for the new islands and just take all the models/textures from the one that's in there now.

3.Give all units hadnguns
« Last Edit: 27 Nov 2002, 00:31:47 by imemyself »

FatJoe

« Reply #26 on: 27 Nov 2002, 00:44:41 »
I'm not sure if every unit had a handgun.

Cheers
Joe

ollie

« Reply #27 on: 27 Nov 2002, 00:54:05 »
Truly an Addon masterpiece by you guys, very nicely done and excellent job on texturing, not to mention perfection to certain points. I must say I love the way you've designed the helmets along with once again with the very nicely done texturing excellence.

I was wondering one thing, besides how you guys managed to accomplish such a difficult task  ;D (lol) ;), any possibility of seeing the F-4 Phantom in the next packet? And I must agree with Imemyself on number 2 and 3, there's no chest wound texture with the units. Also if my memory serves me correctly, but didn't almost all troops carry handguns?, but that's not really an issue now, that could be done with basic simple scripting to each units. I'm sure that could fix with a little patch in the near future.

Another than that I must say again great and excellent job guys (to all who helped), many thanks for the wonderful package of excellence.

Eviscerator

« Reply #28 on: 27 Nov 2002, 01:59:07 »
yep, there should be an F-4 in the air module, im not sure about all carrying pistols, from what ive read it was officers and aircrew, but i could be wrong, the next chance of a patch/new version of the main pack, will be at the next module, im not sure if this will be the air or ground, probably air as its the easiest but youre still looking at about 10 aircraft to make, so probably a while till they are done

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #29 on: 27 Nov 2002, 02:50:24 »
Here are the scripting commands to use for opening doors etc via the mission editor.

Syntax
this animate ["selectionname", position]

Huey Doors (Dustoff, UH-1C ARA/Gunship)
Open Left Doors
this animate ["sidedoorl", 1]

Close Left Doors
this animate ["sidedoorl", 0]

Open Right Door
this animate ["sidedoorr", 1]

Close Right Door
this animate ["sidedoorr", 0]

Raise Pilot Sight