Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: SEB Nam Pack 2: Released.  (Read 43217 times)

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
SEB Nam Pack 2: Released.
« on: 26 Nov 2002, 16:11:37 »
SEB Nam Pack 2

For OFP: Resistance 1.85

Nam Pack 2 provides users with units and weapons and vehicles from the Vietnam War.
Units include:
Army, Marines, Air Cav, Special Forces, LRRP, MFR, SEALs,Viet-Cong Main Force and Local VC, and North Vietnamese Army (NVA) soldiers.

LSSC Fast Attack Boat
Sampan
60mm Mortar pit
DShK Hvy MGun pit
UH-1D# (seats 8)
UH-1H# (seats 12)
UH-1H Dustoff (seats 6)
UH-1C# ARA
UH-1C# Gunship
OH-6A# Left Gunner
OH-6A# Right Gunner
AH-1G# Cobra
AH-1J# Cobra
CH47C Chinook

# Helis marked with the "#" have customisable nose paint textures which can be altered via the setObjectTexture command.

Also included:
- A temporary armor pack (coded only, no new models).
- Mine pack from CoC (including the Claymore and Bouncing Betty)
- Ia Drang Island (revised Ia Trang island) with relocated ILS runway, Fixed AI Pathing in forests and new land textures.

This pack replaces Nam Pack 1.
Installation Notes:

Unzip the contents of the pack into a empty non-ofp folder, then follow the instructions in the readme.

(PS, the SP mission "TrojanHorse(SP).seb_iatrang" is not a virus! there are also a few bugs in the mission that will be fixed in a SEB NP2 Mission Pack - submissions being accepted for high quality missions to include - only requirement is that only the addons provided in Nam Pack 2 are used in the mission.)

Links:

Major Host:
ofp-zone.de (full)
www.ofp-zone.de

Mirrors:
Pitviper's Site (full)
http://www.uvm.edu/~efisher/sebnampack2_full.zip

OFPNAM (full)
http://ofpnam.com/sds/sebnampack2_full.zip

OFPNAM for 56kers (RAR format) (thanks Foodstamp)
http://ofpnam.ath.cx/seb56k/

OFPNAM #2 (Full)
http://ofpnam.ath.cx/sebhispeed/

@WAR (Fileplanet)
http://www.planetrainbowsix.com/atwar/

More added as they appear.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2002, 07:55:01 by SelectThis »

viper172

Re:SEB Nam Pack 2: Released.
« Reply #1 on: 26 Nov 2002, 16:17:17 »
i'm downloading it now thank you and when i'll try it after work(training) i'll give you some feed back but i'm sure it's gonna be great ;D ;D ;) ;)
again thx guys for all the hard work on it to make guys like us happy ;) ;) ;) ;)
carry on guys but take some holydays first ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

NoRSu

« Reply #2 on: 26 Nov 2002, 16:19:14 »
A true classic must I say :o ;D, you guys really deserve some holiday after this ;).

(One question though, is it really necessary to put some of the pbos into Res\AddOns -folder ???. I just like to keep all my addons in the basic addon folder.)

Hope this will spawn tons of quality Nam' missions.
« Last Edit: 26 Nov 2002, 16:20:34 by NoRSu »

Offline DrStrangelove

• Members
  • Mr.Creative
« Reply #3 on: 26 Nov 2002, 16:25:11 »
Outstanding job - congratulations go out to the SEB Team for this awesome pack !

Well, what do you guys think ? Should i leave 1.85 as it is or is it save to install 1.90 ?

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #4 on: 26 Nov 2002, 16:33:12 »
Yes finally! :o I've been waiting for this for such a long time! :) Downloading now! :) Cheers!

Hawk

CareyBear

« Reply #5 on: 26 Nov 2002, 16:34:17 »
There are a number of missions included in the 'nam pack. As the author, I'm very embarrassed to say that there is a problem with the SP mission Trojan Horse.

A fixed version of the mission will be released shortly (as soon as I get back from being away) - it will probably be a week before I have time.

Till then:
*Don't get in the ammo truck
*The outro 'you lose' plays when you win. Sorry. You still won..  ;)
*The EOM camera sweep sometimes starts early. There are two successful endings to the mission, depending on how quickly you kill the convoy. If you kill them fast, the EOM camera plays, but you don't actually finish on the earlier mission thread.

As I said, my apologies. I'll release a fixed version soon. Rest assured, the ambushing and slaughtering part of the mission works fine.

imemyself

« Reply #6 on: 26 Nov 2002, 16:52:34 »
YES!!!!!! :o :o
Unfortunately I'm at school right now >:( .  I guess I could pretend to get sick. ::)

pepper2k

« Reply #7 on: 26 Nov 2002, 17:19:31 »
I just have to thank you all so much for the pack, it's amazing! I love you're work (and i love you to!) You truly earned some time off.. I just gotta ask, do you did this pack because it's fun or because of something else?  :D Thanks guys!!!!!!! *kisses*  :-*

Offline Black_Feather

• Former Staff
  • I'll never forget you Daisey.
« Reply #8 on: 26 Nov 2002, 17:44:24 »
nice one, I think I'll be staying in tonight  :-\

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #9 on: 26 Nov 2002, 19:08:58 »
WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I've been waiting for this one since the first idea of a second Nam Pack,  8)

Can't wait to get playing

P.S. I love you guys  :-*  :-*  :-*

:P

TkKivi

« Reply #10 on: 26 Nov 2002, 19:09:37 »
I donÂ't like the full auto sounds and some of the guns sound bad.
« Last Edit: 26 Nov 2002, 19:10:20 by TkKivi »

NoRSu

« Reply #11 on: 26 Nov 2002, 19:41:13 »
Full auto sounds caught my ears right as well, they sound a bit wierd :-\. Could it be possible from SEB team to make a quick fix to sebnam_wp.pbo and change all soundcontinuous="true" to false and use M16single.wss instead of that looping xm sound?

Eviscerator

« Reply #12 on: 26 Nov 2002, 20:23:09 »
no, that would defeat the object of making sure there is (hopefully) only one version and one big pack, also the reason it says res/addons is because some people dont have ofp/addons (personally i dont, as i didnt install any upgrades other than resistance after 1.00 which means other people wont have ofp/addons), so its just safer to say res/addons, i dont think you will have any trouble with them in the ofp/addons directory, and DrStrangelove the pack works with 1.90 so feel free to upgrade :) also i havent noticed anything wrong with the sounds in earlier versions, although i dont have the final yet but i dont think theres been much change...

oh, and work has already started on future modules, ive been working on a two seat A-1 Skyraider all day :)
« Last Edit: 26 Nov 2002, 20:41:22 by Eviscerator »

pepper2k

« Reply #13 on: 26 Nov 2002, 20:37:32 »
Now i love you a bit more ;). Just one complain. :/ I asked.. If there would be any army units without showing their arms. (I'm pretty sure all of them didn't go with their arms bare) You said "It'll be there" ;(. Shame on you!!! Because i didn't find a single US army unit with their arms covered :(. Oh well, that doesn't mean a shit. Great pack!! Love it! :D

UK_SKA_RULES

« Reply #14 on: 26 Nov 2002, 20:50:27 »
MARK YOUR CALENDERS FOLKS.  TODAYS A DAY TO REMEMBER.

I'll download it now and get back to you next week once its finished