Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Grouplink Script  (Read 6620 times)

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFP Editing Center Toad
    • toadlife.net
Re:Grouplink Script
« Reply #15 on: 05 Dec 2002, 11:51:54 »
new version:

ADDED: Groups are now checked in random order - This prevents one group at the top of the list from triggering the alert over and over, causig other groups in the list to not be able to trigger the alert.

FIXED: Tiny bug in rating system (unnoticable in the demo mission)

CHANGED: groups that are overmatched no longer are commanded to move towards the enemy group - as a result they retreat much more quickly and tend to stay alive longer.

The random cheking fo the groups has improved the realism of the script 10 fold. :)

ATTACHMENT DELETED - see below for lastest version
« Last Edit: 13 Dec 2002, 04:42:40 by toadlife »
"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.

SomeRandomGuy

« Reply #16 on: 11 Dec 2002, 04:35:06 »
Now that's a script alright - I'm impressed! One question though... How does the script affect groups with active waypoints? Will they ignore the waypoints or the script... or just start building sand castles?  :hmm:  One last question - can groups that retreat get called back, or are they finished after they back off?

Regardless, it's really well done: good work!

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #17 on: 11 Dec 2002, 05:38:27 »
How does the script affect groups with active waypoints? Will they ignore the waypoints or the script... or just start building sand castles?

EDIT: Explanation Removed, since it was completely false.

One last question - can groups that retreat get called back, or are they finished after they back off?

They can allways be called back. The only thing that can keep a squad from being called is if all it's members are dead :P , or if none of the members have any ammo left.  

I havnt added the ammo checking routine yet - that will be in the next, and possibly "final" version.

« Last Edit: 13 Dec 2002, 23:40:16 by toadlife »
"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.

SomeRandomGuy

« Reply #18 on: 11 Dec 2002, 06:49:21 »
Meh, doesn't matter, it's still an amazing script. Thanks for the info!

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #19 on: 11 Dec 2002, 06:55:15 »
Toad,

Re: lockwp

I've had some success using lockwp = true before issuing domove commands, then using a  lockwp = false after the domove set of actions are completed.

Maybe just give the domove command to the leader of the group, then the others shoudl follow.

SelectThis

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #20 on: 11 Dec 2002, 07:05:37 »
I'll do some experimenting with what you suggested STT. It'll be easy to test.

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #21 on: 11 Dec 2002, 09:12:09 »
I'M SUCH A TARD! :tomato:

I'll explain why later.  :-\

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #22 on: 11 Dec 2002, 10:06:19 »
All that stuff I said above about the move command seeming to "erase" the groups waypoints....all false.

There was a bug in my script that would cause the script to not unlock the group's waypoints after the alert was cancelled.  :o

It's now fixed. Attached is a the test mission that demonstrates eastern groups returning to their waypoints after the western threat is eliminated.

I also added the routine to check for ammo, so units with no ammo will not get a rating.

@STT: I did test your suggestion - domove and commandmove do not work if you only do it on the leader. Only the leader will move, and the group will continue on its normal waypoint. To remedy this, I tried commanding the rest of the units to follow the leader. Doing that only caused the leader to return to the group.

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #23 on: 14 Jan 2003, 21:06:44 »
FYI: I've submitted this script to the ed depot, complete with the sample mission, and documentation.

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/snippet_view.php?id=186