Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Email Notification for Comments  (Read 2137 times)

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
Email Notification for Comments
« on: 14 Dec 2002, 15:27:39 »
Hello all,

I just implemented an email notification system for 'comments' (those things you can post about missions, tutorials, snippets and tools).

• Authors will receive an email every time a comment is made about their resource (they can't turn it off just yet, but they will be able to via their 'modify resource' page in the near future).
  • When you make a comment you can select to 'Allow email notification'. You'll receive an email (to the address stated in your profile) every time someone else makes a comment on that resource.

You'll also see a new 'modify' icon under any comments you make. This allows you to modify the text of your comment as well as enable/disable the email notification.

When you disable notification for a single comment, it automatically disables the notification for every comment you've made for a given resource.

So, for now, rest assured that authors will be notified of your comment whether they like it or not ::)

This is still really a BETA, open to suggestions, and may contain bugs. I implemented it in really quick time so I may have missed something.

Please let me know if you can think of a better way to do this!

And thanks to the dude who gave me the idea (can't remember who it was right now though).

cya'all

snYpir :P
Bohemia Interactive Simulations

Chomps

Re:Email Notification for Comments
« Reply #1 on: 16 Dec 2002, 02:57:20 »
Maybe you could implement something to notify the authors through the Private Message system?

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
« Reply #2 on: 16 Dec 2002, 03:35:38 »
ok. ;)
Bohemia Interactive Simulations

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #3 on: 17 Dec 2002, 00:40:32 »
* Artak thinks snypir is pushing YaBB to it's limits and is afraid that it'll blow up one of these days..[/color]  ;D
Not all is lost.

Offline pcverden

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 17 Dec 2002, 19:31:55 »
I am not afraid of that since snYpir really knows what he is doing. :)

BTW snYpir I am using one of your mods on my forum. ;)