Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: UPdated CATUSMC  (Read 7734 times)

Ferret Fangs

Re:UPdated CATUSMC
« Reply #30 on: 03 Dec 2002, 20:01:00 »
Heh, I didn't know you were on Guam...
I lived there as a lad, when my father was stationed at Anderson AFB. My grandfather, ( Dad's dad ) was among the first GI's to land on Guam during the liberation. He claimed his first enemy KIA there.
Some of my fondest memories are from that warm, beautiful little paradise... As my wife is actve duty Air Force, we are thinking of requesting Guam as a duty station one day.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #31 on: 07 Dec 2002, 17:55:33 »
hey ferret fang.  That's an interesting thing to hear.  Yeah, visit Guam in the future bring your sons and or daughters. I'll be happy to welcome you guyz....... aww, crap, I forgot that I'm a senior.  My parents are gonna kick me out of the house.  Darn.  LOL but I don't know about my dad.  I hope he'll kick me out.  I'm a island boy, born in seattle, raised in Guam.  Be sure not to be guided by all the tourist agencies... they won't really take you to the true beauties of Guam.  Go to a thing called boonie stomp hiking.  The leader of the hike is a former Navy Seals and now a professor at the University of Guam teaching Archeology (I belive) or Marine biology and he know a lot about Guam.  Now, the hikes, you don't follow a trail, they'll just brake into a heavy sword grass or a bush then start the hike.  Some are rated very very difficult and even I think those are tough (despite running atleast 8 miles a day with my backpack on (the former Seal guy is just breathing gently and "WALKING" fast while me and the others  are running and breathing hard, sometimes vomitting and getting a muscle cramp to catch up on him (well that guy is the leader for those who could follow him, there are usually 3 more different leaders for those who can't take it.)

Sorry oftopic, but I just get excited when people knows and talks about this small island and when especially they are thinking of visiting this place.

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #32 on: 07 Dec 2002, 22:13:47 »
Well, I wouldn't actually be a tourist, as I still remember the island fairly well. And we'd most likely be stationed there for two or four years. I've thought about retiring there, but it's
1) Much too far from my ancestral home in Appalachia.
2) Much too earthquake prone for my comfort level.
3) Much too prone to be blown away by the next super-typhoon.
4) Much too prone to be swamped in a tsunami/tidal wave.
5) Much to likely to be vaporized by PRC nuclear weapons should a shooting war break out between the US and China.

Did I leave anything out?

Wires

« Reply #33 on: 08 Dec 2002, 13:49:51 »
Sounds like a great place to be  :-\

I think I'll stay in my cave in Australia, like Osama except less evil  :beat: and less dusty.

Anyway how are those marines coming along, and that great Afgan map  :D

Bomberman

« Reply #34 on: 09 Dec 2002, 02:51:05 »
ETA obn release there kitty_litter_one_mmm_good? :beat:

im really excited bout' this "pack" looks great. :joystick:

Wright

« Reply #35 on: 16 Dec 2002, 10:13:40 »
Any news on those marines?  They look great and I can't wait to download them!

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #36 on: 16 Dec 2002, 10:27:26 »
Well, considering CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM, just had major damage done to his home due to very serious storm on Guam, and is currently in Japan enjoying himself with Airsoft, I'd say it's indefinately on-hold.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #37 on: 27 Dec 2002, 18:04:17 »
Hey ferret fang.  Thanks for explaining my current status to others.
Well guyz, as you heard.  I won`t be able to even work on my project until
the power goes back at Guam.  I`m going back in january 4th.  I hope the
power goes back.  Well, the computer over here in my grandmothers house
in Japan is soo crappy, it freases when I try to type a message in the
forum.

So sorry guyz.   Oh ya, I made my self a gullie suit since I did my
work for the winter vacation and currently bored.  I`m going to play
in the january 3rd game,,,, I hope it doesn`t snow.  My M4A1 RIS, glock,
and 8, 300 round magazines (for the M4A1) are warmed up for some games
(survival games.)

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #38 on: 01 Jan 2003, 09:07:47 »
man airsoft looks so phat i cant do it over here since automatic airsoft guns are illegall therfore their are no tournaments

and u made urself a ghillie suit good job man i want to make one but im too poor to afford the materials and im too lazy :-[

Contra

« Reply #39 on: 03 Jan 2003, 05:38:33 »
Can somebody point me to Cat's older marine packs?

I had it before, but I recently got a new computer and I would like that excellent pack again.

Thanks.

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #40 on: 04 Jan 2003, 09:29:18 »
try ofp.gamezone.cz
im pretty sure its in there ;D

gaultesian

« Reply #41 on: 08 Jan 2003, 17:18:48 »
So what is the status of the CAT USMC? marines?

I would really like to download them soon.  They look awsome.

Thanks,

Gaultesian

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #42 on: 09 Jan 2003, 08:35:38 »
Hey there guyz.  It's me CAT.  The power came back on.  But the typhoon really did a devastating effect on my CPU............ my hard drive is starting to fail.   Well, it is a IBM Hard Drive my dad purchased 6 years ago and it only has 20GB so I guess it is just time to buy a new western digital 80GB HHD with 2 8MB cache.  Well,  I'm gonna ask my uncle if he could order it for me.  So my CPU might go off anytime

My marines are ready, complete with my modified weapons but my 56K plus my failing 6 years old IBM hard drive,,, awwmmm, I don't know,,, it may go off anytime and the Marines weight 7MB and it literally takes 6 hours to send just 7MB of files.

Sorry,,, sorry.  Maybe when the traffic lights goes on and it is safe to drive, I'll take the CD with my marines and send it from my uncles DSL.

Sorry for making you guyz wait but the situation is situation right now in Guam.............  But I didn't think my hard drive would fail when I started the CPU the day I came back.

viper172

« Reply #43 on: 09 Jan 2003, 09:39:19 »
hi cat i heard about the typhoon i hope everything is gonna be alright for you and your family i know alot about these storms because i'm from guadeloupe in the carribean and we do have storms like these exept we do call them hurricanes
but it's abbout the same devastating results so dude wait till
it's safe to drive and best of luck also best wishes for the year 2003 loved the pics of the upcoming marines and i'm looking forward to download them ;)