Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [SP/A3] Whole Lotta War - Dynamic Mission [A2 Conversion] (Updated 28th April)  (Read 2692 times)

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile

Title: Whole Lotta War
Author: SaOk
Type: Arma3 Alpha/ SP
Mission version: 0.6 A3 SP

Installation: Put WholeLottaWarA3.Takistan.pbo to missions folder in arma3 main folder

Requires AiA (All in ArmA) mod by kju to play (+A2/OA):
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152706-All-in-Arma-(AiA)-TKOH-OA-A2-A1-merge-with-A3

Download: DO NOT MIRROR YET - TEST VERSION
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lyzfx4djip76pwa/WholeLottaWarA3.7z

Key Features (WIP):
-Dynamic mission using whole Takistan map
-Different ways to play (as basic infanry group, tank squad, mechanized group, transport/fighter choppers...)
-Dynamic life generator for enemy/friendly units (patrols, scouts, camps, towers, slow/fast-reinforcements, support vehicles)
-Enemy groups communicate to track player's position, offering still change to flee unnoticed
-Random positioned dynamic tasks to give different feeling for the mission every time
-Much optional, but meaningful tasks included
-All tasks have effect on generating scripts or/and bigger tasks
-Optional HighCommanding (AI groups can handle by themselves too)
-Difficulty level goes slowly higher during progress
-Random events
-Much improved heavy dynamic civilian/animal ambient life
-Many Custom gameplay elements (Smoke signals, dynamic reinforcements, minefield truck, medic packs...)
-Cutscenes
-Friendly AI groups fighting with player depending on relationship values
-Many factions involved
-Made with Perfomance Friendly Methods

Change Log:
0.5 A3
-Added new army system (big armies moving on map with own stats figthing with each other virtually or spawned if player is close)
-Added MQ9 to spot enemy armies with more detailed intel
-Added new custom sounds for noisy goats, sheeps and roosters
-Backpacks added to vehicles
-Some tweaks/fixes (Local Leader isnt deleted anymore)
0.6 A3
-Added AI First Aid Support by DAP
-Added Medicpacks for units/vehicles
-Armies have bigger min size
-UAVs respawn now too
-Contact loop improvements
-Other tweaks/fixes
-Known random crash issue, vote: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=7820

-SavedByGrace (Ideas and US battleshouting/AI function voice-overs)
 -Rejenorst (US battleshouting and mortar idea)
 -Bardosy (hungarian battleshouting)
 -Tslava (czech battleshouting)
 -Poacher (british battleshouting)
 -Nettrucker (german battleshouting)
 -OFPEC for feedback

Let me know if you experience slowdowns or other issues.
« Last Edit: 28 Apr 2013, 14:38:30 by SaOk »

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
Tried your mission and the very first objective has already an issue:

I talked to the elder at the roadblock and as in the A2 version he told me about a weapons cache in a village starting with K... also I talked to every other person there about their enemy sightings which brought a few takiban camps on the map. The objective has not ticked off anyway. Enemy sniper-like accuracy and randomly spawned APCs in close proximity really eat up my motivation for this mission and ArmA3 in general though.

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
Thanks for testing, :) I agree - enemy can be annoying skilled. I will tweak the enemy accuraty, which I already do in the COOP mission for stratis. Also add the code to other A3 missions.

You need to blow/destroy the pile of crates which is in the inner yard of one building complex. I dont also remember the village names, but it should be mentioned in the task informantion.

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
Well, just looked in the log and task list, there is no mention of the village name. I believe the ArmA2 version had the objective checked off and a new one about blowing the crates added, but this is missing here.

Also, the medics appear to be unusable, they cannot be told to treat themselves or anybody other. Good to hear you tweak the mission, since this is an absolute must. Increasing the spawn distance of the enemies would be a good idea as well.