Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Unique airstrike script.  (Read 4390 times)

Baphomet

Re:Unique airstrike script.
« Reply #15 on: 22 Nov 2002, 01:44:27 »
Now that one can order units around and still order airstrikes with the precision of a single mouse click. Its much more versatile. Viriato's is good too. However his is still operating on the "single-click-no-matter-what" code. So I'll have to convert it, If I want a more surgically accurate bombing run. I think I'll also try and modify it so that a unit with a specific name can only use the airstrike ability.

Now if only there was a way to to call the napalm script every time a laserguided bomb is spawned, as opposed to having to write something in the initstring.
« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2002, 02:01:25 by Baphomet »

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #16 on: 22 Nov 2002, 01:54:31 »
@ Baphomet- y not ? just give me da napalm script nd i wil attach it 2 da bombs ;D (maybe  ;))

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Baphomet

« Reply #17 on: 22 Nov 2002, 02:36:45 »
Its just Shogun's napalm script. I don't know how easily one could integrate the script. Still it would look really cool.

I'm having a bit of trouble finding the command which allows one to specify unit text (Perhaps I didn't describe that right). I was just looking through the comref and I found nameofplayer However when I placed the line of script mentioned here:

? (nameofplayer != "comm1") : hint "You can't do that";exit
It didn't work. However if I change it around to say:

? (player != leader player) : hint "You can't do that.";exit ]

... it works just fine. Unless you aren't the leader. Which isn't really what I wan't at this time. =P
« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2002, 02:40:25 by Baphomet »

Offline Skumball

• Members
« Reply #18 on: 22 Nov 2002, 14:29:50 »
OK people, here is the latest version of Airstrike. I tried to update the file in the code snippets section but all it has done is delete the original file. Anyone got any ides? It's kind of embarassing as the file has been mentioned on the OFPEC home page  :-[

*UPDATE* Never mind, it's up again  :D
« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2002, 14:35:09 by Skumball »

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #19 on: 22 Nov 2002, 15:21:12 »
I liked it ;D

i modified it litle ;) ;D

here is wat i did

1) now wen u give it a target u call da grid locationof da position (looks mor pro ;D)

2) u can now choose 1 of 2 diffrent airstrikes ;D u can call da same plane 2 shot napalms on da enemy ;D (it can b prety hard 4 weak comps nd it requires da napalm addon included in da zip) - if u decide 2 submit da napalm part also - remember 2 change da credits 2 "modified by LCD to use the napalm addon"

:cheers:

LCD OUT

[edit] Damn forgot 2 attach it[/edit]
« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2002, 21:37:54 by LCD »

Viriato

« Reply #20 on: 22 Nov 2002, 19:59:48 »
LCD, where can i get the script with the modifications you mentioned?
If you dont post it, please, send me a mail at ;
todoesrelativo@hotmail.com
Regards.

Baphomet

« Reply #21 on: 22 Nov 2002, 21:43:04 »
Please do post LCD. I would like to see what you've got. By the way. Anyone know what line of script I need to add to specify a certain unit to use Skum's airstirke?

I've sort of figured out a makeshift solution, at least for Skum's latest version. I just add "player == name" in the expcond string of the trigger with airstrike 1.2 However even if one can't use the airstrike, the option is still there. Any ideas as to how to remove the action in the case that one isn't authorized to use the airstrike?
« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2002, 22:01:25 by Baphomet »

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #22 on: 22 Nov 2002, 21:50:30 »
im trin 2 post it but its not attachin  ???
trin again - if it wil not work again i wil just mail it 2 u  :-\

LCD OUT

[edit] cant attach  :o put ur emails 2 get da script
« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2002, 22:29:51 by LCD »

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #23 on: 22 Nov 2002, 22:18:58 »
Update ;D

click here 2 get da file

LCD OUT

Viriato

« Reply #24 on: 23 Nov 2002, 17:10:32 »
People, i hate to give bad news but there is something wrong with this script;
When you try to use this script in other island diferent than desert island, the A10 fall to the ground.
Why?
This happens because the spawned plane has no speed at all, at desert island, the plane reacts before it hit the ground, but, in other islands, i donÂ't knw why, the plane dont act as quickly and hit the ground.
The way to solve this is to assing the plane with some initial speed once spawned, but i have been not able to do this.

If you open the mission.sqm with notepad you will see that a plane with the Special "FLY" line, will have initial speed even if its empty, but i have not been able to repoduce this on the script, if anybody knows how to solve this, please, tell us all.

Offline Skumball

• Members
« Reply #25 on: 23 Nov 2002, 17:22:01 »
mmm. I have tried the script on both Koljugev and Everon and had no problems. You definately had a strikePilot soldier? That's all I can think of. Make sure all markers and the trigger are how they should be, but I doubt it is anything to do with them. If you are spawning the plane over land then maybe the height is too low. Try a value of 1000 or something to make sure it is high enough. (change +400 to +1000 in the strikePlane setPos line).

Baphomet

« Reply #26 on: 24 Nov 2002, 00:28:11 »
I've had -no- problems whatsoever. In fact I've tested it on a mission I've started on Kolgujev and it looks like its going to be a really interesting addition to the game.

So. Hm. How about that question of mine?  ::)

Offline Skumball

• Members
« Reply #27 on: 24 Nov 2002, 02:29:48 »
Dunno, sorry. Anyone else?

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #28 on: 24 Nov 2002, 02:44:42 »
umm didnt understand da Q  ::) dont wry its cuzim st00pid  ;)  ;D

LCD OUT

Baphomet

« Reply #29 on: 24 Nov 2002, 05:31:16 »
I guess it's not that big a deal. I did essentially what I wanted it to do. I was just wondering if it were possible to get rid of the airstrike radio command for people who aren't supposed to use it. Right now it is set to "Player==com" in the condition string of the triggers which activate the airstrike via radio commands.