Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Moving while dialog is shown  (Read 2006 times)

Offline Fusion_Marduc

• Members
Moving while dialog is shown
« on: 22 Apr 2010, 20:41:28 »
Hi,

I found a similar topic from a year ago but there never was a reaction on that one so I started this new one.

On biki I read "Dialogs are parent containers for the actual controls it contains. Their definition contains several properties on the controls it contains, how the dialog can be addressed, and whether or not the player is able to continue regular movement while the dialog is shown.".

Well, I want to gain that the player is able to continue moving while the dialog is show but I can't find how to do it.

Does anyone know what property to set.

Regards,

Fusion_Marduc

***ANSWER***

Hi,

You can use cutRsc or cutObj to achieve this to instantiate the dialog instead of createDialog. The only downside seems to be that one can not set control value with for example ctrlSetText.

Grtz,

Fusion_Marduc

« Last Edit: 24 Apr 2010, 22:26:11 by Fusion_Marduc »

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: Moving while dialog is shown
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2012, 01:07:51 »
Code: [Select]
enableSimulation = true; Source is listed on the "Properties" table under Dialog.

Offline ModestNovice

• Members
Re: Moving while dialog is shown
« Reply #2 on: 05 Aug 2012, 21:11:10 »
enableSimulation just keeps the game/environment running while the dialog is open. Setting enableSimulation to false will simply 'freeze' the game for the player only while the dialog is open.

To modify a value on your dialog, just use this:
Code: [Select]
(findDisplay DLG_IDD) displayCtrl (CTRL_IDC) ctrlSetText "This is my text.";
« Last Edit: 05 Aug 2012, 21:13:04 by DaChevs »
"The road became empty and the people disappeared. The clouds ran away; opened up the sky, and one by one I watched every constellation die."
- Sean "Slug" Daley