Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Documentation of new Modules (Iron Front)  (Read 3060 times)

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Documentation of new Modules (Iron Front)
« on: 29 May 2012, 02:10:54 »
The Armaverse got a bunch of new modules with the release of Iron Front. Five of them are important to make the game behave properly, according to IF developer panzer_baron over at BI Forums

Quote from: panzer_baron;2157278
There are 5 important modules in the Iron Front, among the classical arma ones.

-   Advanced AI. Makes the AI more aggressive and effective without making them deadly sharp-shooters.
-   FVD. When you sit in aircraft, you get larger view distance then in the standard mission settings. Must have for any aircraft mission.
-   Tank riders. Enable the soldiers who are on tanks, to act more realistic (dismount when in combat, dismount when the turret of the tank turns around)
-   Using mines and tripwires. That module is must to make all the mines and explosives to work, in couple with the Functions module.
-   Advanced artillery features. Needed for the artillery towing and pushing. Needed to be in couple with the Functions module.

As usual, they come completely without other documentation. I've tested them all in SP mode. I'll post my findings here and hope that others will join in. Let's figure them out together, shall we?

How do you use the modules?

Place the Function Module on the map (identical to the ArmA2 Module with the same name). Then place the desired IF Module. Do not group them together. The modules does not need sync'ing.

What actually happens when you use them?

Advanced AI: Makes the AI perform in a different pattern, according to my tests. Without it, AI soldiers in IF tend to do nothing much of their time. With this Module activated, they become more active. Their attack pattern seems different from how they react in ArmA.
FVD: Increases your viewdistance without noticeable effect on performance, as long as you are riding in an aircraft. Bail out, and the effect vanishes.
Using mines and tripwires: Mines placed in-game (by sappers or soldiers who have reequipped themselves in an ammo box) does not work at all without this Module. When it is present on the map, all units can handle mines and explosives. Don't forget that some munitions also require you to carry sapper tools to work properly.

These are my findings so far. Feel free to help me fill in the rest.
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Re: Documentation of new Modules (Iron Front)
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2012, 16:49:40 »
I found some useful information on the IF DevBlog. It concerns the modules named Using Mines And Tripwires and Advanced Artillery.

Mines and TripwiresArtillery
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: Documentation of new Modules (Iron Front)
« Reply #2 on: 03 Jun 2012, 23:16:22 »
Wow, some pretty cool stuff nominesine. Thanks for posting it.