Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [SOLVED] "Mando Chaser" script compatible with Cold War Assault (aka OFP 1.99)  (Read 1684 times)

Hello, is there any chance to get Mando Chaser cool script compatible with Cold War Assault?
« Last Edit: 09 Jan 2012, 01:05:17 by Guido89 »
? (this == thinkable) : this = scriptable

Walter_E_Kurtz

There was an OFP version, but sadly I only get a truncated download now (just 42kb rather than 434kb expected).

Hello, thank your reply!
I also tried downloading script from link kindly given to me but I got same download broken problem as you.
I just hope somebody else will provide another integer link!

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • How do I get outta this chickensh*t outfit?
It's possible that you could find the script in Mandoble's campaign 'Grunt ONE', which is in the mission section. If I remember rightly there are a couple of missions that have chases in them. Though I can't remember precisely which missions.

"But one thing I can tell you from not just OFP but life in general:  criticism is directly proportional to quality. The more criticism a mission receives, the better the outcome" - macguba

Thank you for your hint and thank you for playing The Carrier too!

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • How do I get outta this chickensh*t outfit?
After looking through Mandoble's Grunt ONE campaign I couldn't find the mando chaser script  :(. How complex do you want the chase script to be?

You could make a script that attaches a waypoint to the player's vehicle (the chaser's waypoint) and loop it every couple of seconds or so. A script of this type was used in the BIS mission 'convoy'. I've tested it before now and it's quite effective. There can sometimes be a large delay in the chaser reaching the player.

I suppose you could try running the ArmA version of 'mandochaser' in CWA and see what happens.
"But one thing I can tell you from not just OFP but life in general:  criticism is directly proportional to quality. The more criticism a mission receives, the better the outcome" - macguba

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
I suppose you could try running the ArmA version of 'mandochaser' in CWA and see what happens.
Won't work.

- It's in sqf format, CWA won't understand it (would need to be re-written in sqs)
- It uses a few scripting commands that are not available in CWA..
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Thank you all for replying and giving more suggestions but, after downloading, unpacking and examining Grunt ONE campaign I just found mission which contains chasing script and found that script into mission folder and adapted to my mission!
   For those who may need this script in the future, I just attached script together with info about how to use it. I translated script from Spanish to English and fixed formatting of text in order to make it easy to understand and read.

...happy pursuing!
« Last Edit: 09 Jan 2012, 01:14:47 by Guido89 »