Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Pleeease can all you good folks out there guide me with this  (Read 1888 times)

Offline welsh1970

• Members

Offline Pirin

• Members
Re: Pleeease can all you good folks out there guide me with this
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jul 2011, 00:58:42 »
1. LHD (Aircraft Carrier) spawning script
2. How to place Stuff on the LHD?
3. There is no sling load in vanilla ArmA2.  ACE 2 includes it...
4.  ... but it must be done by players on the ground.
5. High Command Module can help with that.
6. Sure.  Either spawn them in or have something like a radio switch trigger connected to a hold waypoint of that squad.
7. That's ASR AI at work and it happens automatically as far I know.  Read more here.
8. Spawning units in buildings
9. No idea.  I've never had luck with using existing units on the ground to do something specific in the air.  Always just spawn stuff in when I need it.
10. It's possible, but not easy.  Stick to things like Simple Support Module for now till you learn a lot more. :)
11. What support element? What after battle?  Sounds like you're playing some kind of custom game mode?  That's not default behaviour of ArmA2.
12. addWeaponCargo and addMagazineCargo  For backpacks addBackpackCargo
13. There are countless ways of doing this, there's no standard.
14. Again, countless ways of doing this, none easy.  :)
15. Basic AI controls really.
16. Here's that tutorial.  Here's how to get AI to use IEDs.
17. Never dealed with saving games, so not sure.  There's been some recent threads about it though.
18. Good idea, but a lot of scripts behind it all.  Maybe start small and learn the basics. :)

Offline welsh1970

• Members
Re: Pleeease can all you good folks out there guide me with this
« Reply #2 on: 23 Aug 2011, 16:49:57 »
Thanks very very much for all the info in your reply mate.  I will chip through it over the coming wks.
Thanks again :good: