Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Eliminating useless add-ons  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Inlesco

• Members
Eliminating useless add-ons
« on: 13 Aug 2011, 19:38:30 »
I made a quite silly mistake - I've been working on an almost no-addons-required type mission and recently found out that somehow ofpafghanpack (named taleb.pbo as the file) and morecivs (real name - morecivs.pbo) got used. I didn't create any taliban units, vehicles or additional civilians while making that mission in the editor.

Actually, I have no idea how this could have happened... But if I did accidentlly, I haven't managed to find an "evil" unit, which would cause this problem. I tried to delete some of the names on registered add-ons list in mission.sqm, but a board of "missing files" still pops while I want to load my creation. Besides, I can't play it as part of SP.

Any suggestions what should I do?

Offline Lenyoga

• Professor of Misanthropology
  • Members
Re: Eliminating useless add-ons
« Reply #1 on: 13 Aug 2011, 20:02:40 »
If you already eliminated any traces in the addOns[] and addOnsAuto[] section in the mission.sqm file, there still may be anything left in the mission; like a custom marker, some small object or anything... otherwise I don't know.
As a grandmother I've got lots of gold.

Offline Inlesco

• Members
Re: Eliminating useless add-ons
« Reply #2 on: 13 Aug 2011, 22:09:05 »
Problem fixed. I noticed that 'soldier' units selection on RES side has been doubled and this was the reason of add-on conflicts. Had to replace all false "soldiers" with real ones.

In selection window, it was like: soldier
                                               soldier

And now guess who's the real one :D.