Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: help with following "beginner's tutorial  (Read 1828 times)

Offline welsh1970

• Members
help with following "beginner's tutorial
« on: 12 Jun 2011, 13:12:33 »
Hi guys, Im following the above tutorial & wanting to start making my own single player campagn.  However i cant seem to find the picks on the tutorial.  I'm stuck on where i have to make a trigger for the savegame but it says the code i want for the fields is in the image but all the images are broken & i cant find them around the site.  The image is th_ch6-trigger2.jpg.  The command is to enable the mission to save after each objective is completed.

Also guys now that ive read the whole topic i realise that i would like to see all the pics from that pic on.  Can anyone help with showing me the pics or maybe showing me exactly what the instructions are trying to tell me?  I learn better from "monkey see, monkey do" format you see guys
Many thanks in advance
« Last Edit: 12 Jun 2011, 16:09:10 by welsh1970 »

Offline Pirin

• Members
Re: help with following "beginner's tutorial
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jun 2011, 20:28:49 »
Hi Welsh, thanks for taking the time to go through our tutorial!  I'm in the process of making an updated ArmA2 version of it so that people can follow through using the ArmA2 maps and units and updated commands.  For now though, here's an example of using the saveGame command within a trigger:

The objectives system was reworked in ArmA2 so many of those examples are different now.  Stay tuned! :)

Offline welsh1970

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jun 2011, 23:04:18 »
Thanks a lot mate. After trying to follow without the pics i was eager to try it out but was scratching my head a bit when i pkayed it & thespy was talking as it started without me being there n the reinforcements attacked my village befor i wanted them to.  :-[ oh well, back to try it all again but i cant see where i went wrong yet. Fantastic tutoiral thou mate. Got me thinking about loads of stuff & it just goes to show what goes into mission making. Good job. Would there be a vid out on how to do everything as well? Thanks once again for the help
andy

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jun 2011, 00:16:59 »
For your latest post, are you saying that you want something to not happen until a said objective is done? If so it's not as hard as you think.

Post up anything else you need help with and im sure we can work something out.

As for video tutorials, either use google. Or goto youtube and type in Arma 2, whatyouwanttoseehere. That should give you a vid tut on anything really. Somethings need a little refined search, but you can generaly find something :)

Offline welsh1970

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jun 2011, 09:56:17 »
Cheers guys for all the support you are giving me.  As i understood it the story board of the tut was you have a team, your orders are to take out a tank.  On the way to the tank you meet up with a spy who tell's you about en reinforcement's & that you have some good guys coming to help you to take the village.  When i played the mission  the problem i had was the spy spoke to me at the very start of the game & not waited for me to get to within 3 metre's of him & that triggered my reinforcement's to follow thier waypoints to the village.  It all happened so fast i think. :scratch:
What i was hoping for was the spy would only talk to me once i got to him. 
Im looking forward to the arma 2 edtition of this tut with the pics to show the process also.
What im looking forward to doing is a multi fased platoon attack with all 3 section's having thier own firefights before linking up with my section, all with triggers ;).  Well that's my plan anyway's.  I was going to use the tut as a template to help me along.  It's my 1st proper attempt at mission making you see.
Wish me luck
& Thanks once again for all the help guys
Andy

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jun 2011, 15:41:44 »
Why don't you post up what you have so far, and I will try to run you through the things you can do to make that mission the way you want :)

I have a few days off work now, so I am willing to give you a hand.

Sounds to me like your triggers are not setup to wait, or something hasen't been sync'd. I am more then sure we can help you out :)