Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Helo Land direction?  (Read 1542 times)

Offline Bingoz

• Members
Helo Land direction?
« on: 12 Feb 2011, 07:11:29 »
I have been searching around and have found many scripts that land helos, but I have not found any that will allow adjustments to the Direction of witch the helo is facing on the landing.

Typically the helo will turn, WHY!? I have no idea, as a fact I think it is kind of redundant, and really a pain in the ass.

Can anyone post and idea, suggestion, link or information regarding this BUG~!.

Thanks.

PS: seems I am dominating the forums here, I am wondering if I am the only one looking for some assistance. :)

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re: Helo Land direction?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2011, 08:00:28 »
It's not a bug, it's a feature.

As for controlling the chopper setDir works fine here, to prove it does I just made a very rudimentary test by setdirring a chopper with a repeating trigger.

You also have the commands setVectorDir, setVectorUp, setVectorDirAndUp, setVelocity and if you're using OA you also have setVelocityTransformation to manipulate the speed/movement/orientation of the chopper.

Also BIS functions have a lot of usefull stuff; put the functions module into the mission and while prewieving do a [] call bis_fnc_help from a trigger or something and it opens up a dialog with all kinds of nifty functions that might be useful.

Personally I don't see anything that horrifying in the fact that the helo turns when landing.. :dunno:
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Bingoz

• Members
Re: Helo Land direction?
« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2011, 18:35:18 »