Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Killing an enemy without alerting the rest of them  (Read 1768 times)

Offline stephen271276

• Members
Killing an enemy without alerting the rest of them
« on: 31 Jan 2011, 18:50:12 »
In a mission Im making oart of the mission involves raiding a building to retreive some intel documents. in the vicintiy of the building ive put a trigger which is set to "blufor" detected by "opfor" and if the player is detected the intel gets destroyed.
Now Everything else is fine the only problem I have is when I take out the guy guarding the door with silenced pistol thewy get alerted?>
WHY??? And how do I make it so I can use silenced weapons to kill without alerting the rest of the enemy?-

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
Re: Killing an enemy without alerting the rest of them
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan 2011, 18:59:36 »
Try to add some seconds (e.g. 3 sec for each min, middle, max) for timeout or countdown (not sure which is the right). Then the enemy need to know your presence for some seconds before they can alarm. Killing them fast should then keep you unnoticed.

Offline stephen271276

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 31 Jan 2011, 19:17:18 »
trigger still activates as soon as i take the first guy out and he doesnt even see me???

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #3 on: 31 Jan 2011, 20:23:34 »
Killing the unit of a group instantly alerts the rest that an enemy is present therefore detecting your presence but not revealing your location. You will have to use the knowsabout command to properly perform the check. You could execute it on each unit individually via a slow looping script or just on the leaders of groups.
Code: [Select]
If (leader intelguard knowsabout player > .3) then {
                                                                             };

Offline Barbolani

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 03 Feb 2011, 12:25:59 »
Can't remember where, but I know someone writed a set of scripts in order to make stealth missions that could be useful for you. Those include:

- Detect frienly dead bodies in order to fire an alarm

- Detect if someone has fired a non silenced weapon.

Those work better for your purposes than a raw "Detected by.." trigger, because AFAIK when you kill a group member, the rest of the group knows your position.

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #5 on: 03 Feb 2011, 20:05:17 »
This seems to work well without scripts, I've used it myself.

Trigger

Activation - East Present (if that's the enemy burning the files)
Timeout - min 5, mid 10, max 15
Condition - {behaviour _x == "COMBAT" AND alive _x} count thislist > 0 AND isServer
On activation - alarm = true; publicVariable "alarm"

NOTE: isServer and publicVariable is only needed in Multiplayer. Also, this only works if you kill ALL group members within the random timeout. Meaning: A single guard is easy, a 10 man group is more or less impossible. You can always increase the timeout numbers.

Hope that helps,

Laggy
« Last Edit: 03 Feb 2011, 20:11:09 by laggy »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.