Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How to tick off missions as green when completed  (Read 1061 times)

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
How to tick off missions as green when completed
« on: 24 Nov 2010, 18:01:07 »
Remind me: What do I need to do nowadays, scripting wise, to make a completed SP scenario 'tick off' with a green box in the scenario menu once it's completed?
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
Re: How to tick off missions as green when completed
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2010, 18:40:26 »
In your description.ext put the following:
Code: [Select]
doneKeys[] = {"<insert your own key name here>"};And when the mission is completed successfully you must use this command:
Code: [Select]
activateKey "<insert the same key name here>";Hope that helps. ;)

Offline RangerX3X

• Members
  • Ranger, out.
    • RangerX3X
« Reply #2 on: 30 Nov 2010, 05:40:41 »
The "insert your own key name here" part of this should be the exact file name of the saved mission (the actual file name, not the mission name set up in the Intel section of the editor.

So for example if your mission is titled "Operation Bitchslap" and you save it as "112010OA061RC.Desert_E" (or whatever you consistently save your file names as), the description file part should have the following:

doneKeys[]={112010OA061RC};

And when the mission completes, you would have the following (I usually put it at the end of my outro.sqf):

activateKey "112010OA061RC";
Ranger, out.

Offline Binkowski

• OFP-fanatic
  • OFPEC Patron
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #3 on: 30 Nov 2010, 22:42:16 »
i used this feature in my Revenge remake, and i named the key bink_sp_revenge. semi-relevant to my mission.

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #4 on: 08 Dec 2010, 01:13:38 »
The "insert your own key name here" part of this should be the exact file name of the saved mission (the actual file name, not the mission name set up in the Intel section of the editor.

Maybe this is true for practical reasons. But it works with any keyname, as long as it is a unique name. I use my ofpec tag to avoid conflicts with other peoples keys.
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!