Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Arma2 Particle effects - camera/lightning flash  (Read 2295 times)

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Arma2 Particle effects - camera/lightning flash
« on: 02 Sep 2010, 00:07:05 »
Is it possible to create a particle which briefly forces the entire world to get bright? Or at the least, overbearing light near a camera view or first person?

Also, has anyone worked with particles enough in Arma2 to know how to form a particle which resembles a camera flash in the crowd?

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Re: Arma2 Particle effects - camera/lightning flash
« Reply #1 on: 02 Sep 2010, 11:58:29 »
Haven't learned particle scripting for ArmA2, but I can help you with a light source that will affect the environment.

Code: [Select]
_light = "#lightpoint" createVehicle getpos mylightspot;
_light setLightBrightness 0.5;
_light setLightAmbient[1.0, 1.0, 1.0];
_light setLightColor[1.0, 1.0, 1.0];
_light lightAttachObject [mylightspot, [0,0,0]]

This will create a light source that affects the game world, I use it for buildings that are not lit automatically by the game engine during night. The light effect is not visible during the day so you will need to create your scene at dark hours.

"mylightspot" can be an object of any kind, even game logic. "setLightColor[1.0, 1.0, 1.0]" is RGB colors. The other commands you can play around with for desired effect.

If you delete the #lightpoint let's say 1 second after creation it will light up the environment for 1 second. You can then maybe use a quick particle script for the flash bulb if you are really picky, but since there is no Hasselblad/Nikon addon yet (afaik) you probably won't need that.

If you don't like that you can play around with aperture, you can create whitewash flashes (during day) for the screen with that. To make it really simple I would use the "standard nuke" WHITE OUT titleRsc.

Hope that helps,

Laggy
« Last Edit: 02 Sep 2010, 12:07:50 by laggy »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.