Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Assigning unit to a group name? (using a foreach loop)  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Pr0ph3t

• Members
Hi everyone,

I forgot that foreach loop to create groups.. ie foreach unit in group unit belong to group <groupname>
and also how to assign a unit as leader of the group.

I know I can just create a group with F2 or add soldiers and group them. But I need them to belong to a groupname so I can use it in scripts rather than single out every unit get it?

Its been a long while.. I can't find this anywhere on google I'm probably not using the proper keywords.

I wouldn't be surprised if its somewhere in the OFP section.. I think I remember asking this question like 10 million years ago

EDIT
~~~

lol I keep answering my own questions you guys are gonna think I'm schitzo... anyway atleast others will benefit from this..

So deep within the bowels of the internet I found the command :

This is how:
In init: groupname = group this; //I know its in the comref but its not clear because it uses player/player as an example heh

Now how would I go about making this into a foreach loop for every unit in the group?

in my script...

So let's assume the leader of the group is called groupleader and the group's name is groupname

{_x group groupname} forEach units groupleader

is that it?
« Last Edit: 23 Jul 2010, 09:35:48 by Pr0ph3t »

Offline F2kSel

• Members
Re: Assigning unit to a group name? (using a foreach loop)
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jul 2010, 12:10:27 »
groupname = group this placed in the units init puts him and all units grouped to him in the group.

to use that group it would be

{_x setdamage 1} foreach units group groupname    that would kill the group.
{_x  allowdamage false } foreach units group groupname would make them invincible

It's up to you to decide what you do with them.