Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AI Dragging  (Read 1511 times)

Offline 999chris

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
AI Dragging
« on: 19 May 2010, 02:19:18 »
Hi,

Im about to start a mini-campaign where you play a Medic.

Just thinking ahead,.. I would like to use some technique to make AI squad members drag some injured team-mates to a certiain point (safe zone?) on a map, or at least off the battlefield so the player can heal them.

Offline junius

• Members
Re: AI Dragging
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2010, 11:03:59 »
Whilst i can't help you with the scripting problem.

Im not sure under what circumstance every one, would drag the injured to a central  medic location.  As opposed to the medic moving to the injured.   Generally moving someone who is injured isn't a good idea they would  just move them to safety. The medic would then treat them on site.

If they are fine, they would continue on if they are need more treatement they are going to be evaced out, which the game dosn't really support.

If you're in some sort of fortification, a hospital/medical station might be set up which the injured would move to.

I like the idea though, a medic behind the line of a big assult or flying in to treat someone.

Offline 999chris

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Re: AI Dragging
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2010, 15:14:59 »
Yeah, It was just an idea at the moment, and I wasn't quite sure what I would do with it, just thought it would be interesting to see the AI drag the wounded out of the line of fire. I'm assuming that the AI controlled members don't have the action to "drag". To be honest, I should do my own experimentation.  :whistle: