Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Is it possible to move a cutRsc/titleRsc around on the screen?  (Read 1618 times)

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Hello there,

Let's say I have a .paa of a handwritten "dear mother" letter.
Can I animate that rsc and make it scroll over the screen (like the Star Wars opening titles)?
I realize this must be possible through a dialogue, but I want to keep it simple, it is for an intro.

I thought ot the "Eagle Wing" campaign titles, where they move the letters around. Mandoble did the same thing in his mission "Triple Blow". Those where not pictures, but letters though.

Grateful for any input,

Laggy
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Make an empty background of suitable colour for the letter. Make the text a transparent image with no background. Define the text as 20+ entries in the description.ext. Since you may define where on the screen the resource is suppose to show up, you may move it upwards step by step until the entire text is shown on the screen.

Messy? Yes, indeed. And I suspect that it will be difficult to produce a smooth scrolling movement. But worth a try if you have some time to spare (and I know you do, so get going  ;) )
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Picture controls or text controls move and animate the very same.

Try this to startwith. It needs some tweaks to work on A2 (add disableserialization at the beginning of the script).

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Thanks Mandoble  :good:

Will check it out.

Laggy
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.