Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Use of Gamelogic and Modules in MP Editing  (Read 1413 times)

Offline Bahger

• Members
Use of Gamelogic and Modules in MP Editing
« on: 24 Feb 2010, 04:36:56 »
I'm hoping to make my first ArmA MP mission a fairly small-scale tactical exercise for a regular coop buddy and I to play.  Rather than use the High Command module, my thought is to create a platoon-scale scenario with each human player commanding one Marine Rifle Squad, other elements non-playable but with waypoints and objectives that the human player can command via radio trigger in order to simulate a coordinated assault.

I'm going to use the F2 framework, which looks great, as it will take me through a lot of the procedures.  What I do not see in the F2 manual is the following:

- If a mission task/objective is to destroy a designer-placed object, is there any thing I need to place in the editor to ensure that both players' PCs get the necessary functionality?

- Can anyone recommend a script for mortars in MP?  I have Rangerx3x's excellent utility for SP.  It can be "virtual" mortars, activated by trigger with predefined splash zone.

- I do not yet understand how to activate "modules" such as SecOps, High Command and "First Aid" (although the latter is automated in F2).  I'm not conceptually clear on what these are and how they work, can anyone elighten me?

- Similarly, I do not fully understand the concept of "gamelogic" and how this interacts with MP mission design.  It seems pretty important.

As always, apologies for the novice questions and thanks for your assistance.