Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Learning setPosASL2  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
Learning setPosASL2
« on: 21 Jan 2010, 17:37:16 »
Ok, so what I have read on the wikki about this...

Description:Sets the object position. The pos array uses the PositionASL format. The version of the command does not offset based on object center.

What I think and hope this means:

So, normally when you are building on a hill side the objects are always partially/fully IN GROUND.

Current Example: I am trying to put a level sand bag on top of a dock in Chernogorsk. The sand bags remain level and on top of the dock until a certain point. I am assuming this is because of the cliff like drop off into the ocean. So depending on where I drag the sand bag, it is either partially/fully INSIDE of the dock, which I want it on top of the dock and leveled.

What I know:

The location of the center of the object depends how it is angled into the ground/up in the air/both.

If I place a AI on the docks they appear on top of the dock, I remember when that use to be a problem. So why can't a sand bag just appear at the top, leveled.

Now I know there are funky commands to spin and angle objects in any direction you want. I tried messing with this before, I am just not that smart. I can't keep straight the x,y,z axis. To confusing for me. I am hoping someone has used this command, and can fill me in.

« Last Edit: 21 Jan 2010, 18:21:44 by Ironman »
TS3 IP: tor.zebgames.com:9992

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Re: Learning setPosASL2
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jan 2010, 18:12:22 »
Without any testing oportunities, I interpreted setPosASL2 exactly as you did in your example.
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jan 2010, 03:01:05 »
Not very helpful maybe, but the setVectorUp [0,0,1] command worked very well in ArmA, I used it several times when I encountered this (your) problem.

In ArmA2 it doesn't seem to work as well, I had serious problems when trying to furnish a spawned building standing on uneven ground.

Maybe the setPosASL2 command is bugged, wouldn't surprise me  :P
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #3 on: 22 Jan 2010, 12:52:19 »
thanks laggy.... Still wondering if this "new" command does what I hope it does though lol...
TS3 IP: tor.zebgames.com:9992