Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [MP coop 1-10] The Broadcast Tower V8  (Read 4961 times)

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
Re: [MP coop 1-10] The Broadcast Tower V4
« Reply #15 on: 02 Feb 2010, 11:38:53 »
I realized playing it on your server that flares weren't shot and east reinforcements didn't come...
I think it's ok now with V5 uploaded! :good:

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [MP coop 1-10] The Broadcast Tower V5
« Reply #16 on: 23 Feb 2010, 04:51:17 »
Ran version 5 tonight 2 of us, took us 1h 7m.

We weren't able to stow the tent, which was weird I never saw this issue before. We'll try it again soon to see if it happens again.

The lull that happens after you clear the tower area, you should cut to a cutscene to the bmp coming in or the helo about to drop para troopers. previously we weren't waiting long enough and just assuming the mission was ending.

The US reinforcements that come in.. I don't think they are needed. you should bring in a helo for evac over near the road when there are like maybe 10 opposing units left and make the players rush to the helo for evac. then you could do alternate endings to mission.

Anyways this is a pretty good mission.
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
Re: [MP coop 1-10] The Broadcast Tower V5
« Reply #17 on: 24 Feb 2010, 18:00:45 »
you should cut to a cutscene to the bmp coming in or the helo about to drop para troopers.
good idea... :good:

The US reinforcements that come in.. I don't think they are needed. you should bring in a helo for evac over near the road

actually, the mission ends when regular forces come to secure the radio tower...
the evac could be another way to end the mission...
I've just played it on my dedi to try to stow the tent, there was no problem with it, and regular forces that came did a great job helping me to end the mission as all my AI troops were down, but they came too soon! (they were too far previously, they're too near in that version, I'll place them half way in the next one...)

EDIT: V6 uploaded!
The ending is the same, i added respawning for vehicles at base camp and cutscene of east reinforcements.
« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2010, 20:24:05 by fleepee »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [MP coop 1-10] The Broadcast Tower V6
« Reply #18 on: 25 Feb 2010, 19:02:58 »
Ok sounds like good updates. Hope to give it a whirl tonight.
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #19 on: 27 Feb 2010, 19:41:15 »
V7 uploaded

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: 28 Feb 2010, 16:17:40 »
Play this one through last night 3 players. The new cut seen is pretty good its fitting and helps pass the lull in time.

Some notes though :)

The grass option isn't working.
The mission could use a few more laws.  Like perhaps adding them to some of the units might be enough. Other then that it worked great.

Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
Re: [MP coop 1-10] The Broadcast Tower V7
« Reply #21 on: 07 Mar 2010, 13:21:41 »
grass option now working.
new mp lobby parameter for the revive script: time before respawn location choice
one more RPG man in the team
V7 uploaded!

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #22 on: 24 Mar 2010, 06:09:23 »
I believe I chose 7-normal for the revive and when inside mission it said I had 20 lives  :dunno:. There was no excitement to this mission. Nothing that really got our blood pumping. We block the entrance to the compound with a truck and it was easy pickins from there on out.
TS3 IP: tor.zebgames.com:9992

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #23 on: 24 Mar 2010, 21:52:38 »
I believe I chose 7-normal for the revive and when inside mission it said I had 20 lives 
I checked it: I did change the stringtable but not the values in description.ext file... :whistle:

There was no excitement to this mission.
really?
I experienced that it wasn't easy getting inside the radio tower then keeping it...
did you play it to the end?

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: 24 Mar 2010, 22:12:21 »
Just as an fyi our strategy was to break through the fence at the back of the tower. Which made it not easy but it didn't take long to clear the area. One thing you have to keep in mind is mission is part of a campaign and you don't have to have all the missions really tough.  Although sometimes I would like it to be less attackers and have a more difficult task like limiting the # of respawns or the mission failing becuase someone in particular got away.
Xbox Rocks

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #25 on: 25 Mar 2010, 09:08:59 »
We made a hole in the back wall but plugged it with the V35 truck then with the car that starts at base we used that to seal the front gate hole and we had time to set out 2 satchels.... One thing I didn't like was how long the cutscene lasted.... I was like, ENOUGH! let me lay some satchels.... and yes we played it all the way through during the night time. Like I said, kinda easy. Lot more of a rest than the "Rest in Vishnoy" lol..

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #26 on: 01 Apr 2010, 12:54:44 »
If I understand (not sure I do...), you destroyed the radio tower, didn't you?! :scratch:
I never thought somebody would do it, as chernarusians, you just have to get back control of YOUR OWN NATIONAL broadcast tower! ::)
Interesting, I'll had the mission failure if you destroy it!! ;)
« Last Edit: 01 Apr 2010, 14:30:22 by fleepee »

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #27 on: 02 Apr 2010, 02:18:46 »
No we didn't destroy it. I think that it is indestructable....

the satchels were laid on the road before the counter attack...

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #28 on: 02 Apr 2010, 08:10:09 »
I tried to destroy it in the editor and couldn't, so I read again your post and understood you didn't want to destroy the tower... :D

I'll check if I can reduce the cutscene before counterattack...

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
Re: [MP coop 1-10] The Broadcast Tower V8
« Reply #29 on: 01 Aug 2010, 08:50:25 »
V8 uploaded!  ;)