Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Marking Tasks Complete?  (Read 1361 times)

Offline RangerX3X

• Members
  • Ranger, out.
    • RangerX3X
Marking Tasks Complete?
« on: 02 Jan 2010, 00:26:57 »
I've used alimag's Briefing Manager to get half way there, and I am using some stuff that worked in Arma I.

What I need help with is:

1) How to show a task as completed (can it be shown as colored in or ticked?)

2) In the attached example mission I have three triggers - two for the objectives - now tasks - and one victory trigger to check that both objectives were met using the following:

Obj/Task trigger on activation: obj1COMPLETED = true; "1" objStatus ""DONE" for objective 1 & obj2COMPLETED = true; "2" objStatus ""DONE" for objective 2
Victory trigger: obj1COMPLETED && obj2COMPLETED

Which gives the old school pop-up "Objective completed" in the game. Is there a better way/more current way to do this?

I've looked around in multiple posts and have come across info that was close to where I think I want to go but I do not have the base knowledge of this material to pull it together.
Ranger, out.

Offline jones

• Members
Re: Marking Tasks Complete?
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jan 2010, 02:46:45 »
I added a few things to your mission. Mind you that all of it will work fine in SP. For MP you need to use a completely different setup.  You will ahve to use addPublicVariableEventHandler and then publicVariabel in your trigger. I recomend  not worrying about MP  until you have the basics down in SP.

I basically just changed the marker text and color when the mission was complete, the task state as succeded, one trigger I used regular hint and the other I used taskhint.

there are numerous things you can add to make it nice looking.

Offline RangerX3X

• Members
  • Ranger, out.
    • RangerX3X
Re: Marking Tasks Complete?
« Reply #2 on: 02 Jan 2010, 04:38:14 »
Thanks a million!!! That is exactly what I was looking for.

:clap: :good: :yes:
« Last Edit: 06 Jan 2010, 13:53:29 by RangerX3X »
Ranger, out.