Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Battlefield Clearance/First Aid Simulation - how to enable the drag option only?  (Read 2180 times)

Offline Undeceived

• Members
    • My missions and campaigns
Hello guys

Due to the lack of documentation about those modules I have a question...

Using those two modules, if someone is injured at the ground you would have those two options, right?

1. First aid
2. Drag

But what I need to know:

Isn't it possible to get only the option "Drag"? I want be able to drag a injured person away. But this seems not to be possible (for me  :)).
I know it is possible to get only the Drag option when the guy is dead. But this is not my goal.
On the other side it is also fact that if I choose to give the person first aid, he stands up and can walk normally again, which also isn't my goal (it takes out the sense of the battlefield clearance module in my opinion).

In the mission I'm making at the moment, there is the following situation:

Dude 1 finds dude 2 injured in that agony status on the ground in a deep forest (both are civilians). There is NO "first aid kit" available, the first dude IS NOT a medic nor he has any medical experiences (this is why I don't want the "First Aid" option).
The only thing he can do is to drag / carry the second guy to a shelter or something and run to get help.

How can I set up those modules for this mission? The problem (as stated above) is that I only get the drag option when the guy is in that injured status rolling on the ground, which does the First Aid Simulation Modul give me. Bad thing is that this module automatically gives me the option "First aid" too.

There would be two solutions for the problem (but I don't know how to realise them):

1. There has to be a way somehow to take out that "First Aid" option when someone is in that injured status (would make sense because not everyone can give a person a first aid with such an effectiveness that he can stand up again).
or
2. There is a way to make the "Drag" option available without the guy being in that injured status. I could just let him play an animation (rolling on the ground, etc.) and then give the player the option "Drag person" with the addaction command...

Can you help me with this?
Thank you very much!
« Last Edit: 02 Jan 2010, 01:13:04 by Undeceived »
Current project: Black Lands (Arma 3)

Offline Blacknite

• Members
  • Chiefs runs the navy!
Re: Battlefield Clearance / First Aid Simulation
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2009, 16:32:14 »
This script:
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6273

Will allow you to modify it the way you want it.

It can tell you what class can do First Aid, who can drag, and whether or not they can be placed into vehicles.

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 19 Dec 2009, 20:24:25 »
Very interesting! Thanks, Blacknite, I'm gonna try that out.

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 01 Jan 2010, 19:29:06 »
I took a look on Norrin's revive script now but it seems that it only runs in a MP mission. :confused: Is that right?

Other than that I didn't understand how to config some things of it but I think that the script is the right direction in order to have only the drag option available... At least I hope it. :)

Have a good new year!
« Last Edit: 02 Jan 2010, 01:12:28 by Undeceived »