Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Village De-Pacification v4.3  (Read 25289 times)

Offline mboshell

• Members
Re: [SP] Village De-Pacification v.3.36 (1/26/10)
« Reply #75 on: 28 May 2010, 00:35:29 »
Abel squad.  I was pretty sure that you didn't make a mistake after playing through the mission and seeing it refered to as Abel again, but I neglected to edit what I had already typed.

I'm probably one of the very few that stinks at the game enough to play on cadet mode, so I'm glad I can notice these things for you :)

Sounds like those choppers will make it exciting at times, but are there Soviet apaches?

I'm still going to give it my best try to get to the happy ending.  I'll give my report on it if I make it.  I didn't have any freezing or lagging which is wierd because I have an outdated PC.

Offline RKurtzDmitriyev

• Former Staff
Re: [SP] Village De-Pacification v.4.0 (6/21/10)
« Reply #76 on: 22 Jun 2010, 00:29:32 »
I've finally applied myself and made a new version. Now let's see what you all think. :D
The OFP Editing Center wishes to remind you that the faithful COMREF will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.
However, in the event that it does speak, you are encouraged to heed its advice. ;)

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #77 on: 22 Jun 2010, 00:31:14 »
Fantastic! Downloading now and we'll try it asap.

Offline Krieg

• Mission Maker
  • Members
  • Who dares wins.
« Reply #78 on: 22 Jun 2010, 08:09:34 »
OK, you can expect a test here within a day, I just need to redownload WGL mod, and I'll test it!
If you see a light at the end of the tunnel, then it's probably an enemy tank.

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #79 on: 24 Jun 2010, 06:29:00 »

I wanted to test your mission but the download speed is the limitation here.
I'll try to downoad WGL if possible.
Connection here is too slow.

mosty about 50 kbps download speed.

Regards,
Haroon1992
Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

Offline Krieg

• Mission Maker
  • Members
  • Who dares wins.
« Reply #80 on: 24 Jun 2010, 08:10:47 »
Overview

Nothing new here.

Briefing

There is no need for any change here since it does it's job well.

Mission

I selected SVD as my primary weapon and divided my squad in Red and Blue teams. Each would attack from another direction, at least that was the idea. After the fighting began (still some lag there, not sure if it is fixable) I tried to snipe a few enemies, but without success, due to me not understanding WGL sniper scope and it's rules. So, I made a reckless assault using my Tokarev, and I managed to capture center of the village before being shot by a Russian soldier.

Overall

Although notably easier, it still has that atmosphere of constantly being under fire and working against time until Soviet reinforcements arrive. All in all, no game freezes, computer crashing bugs, or any glitches I detected.
Nice job!
If you see a light at the end of the tunnel, then it's probably an enemy tank.

Offline RKurtzDmitriyev

• Former Staff
« Reply #81 on: 24 Jun 2010, 22:34:22 »
Although notably easier, it still has that atmosphere of constantly being under fire and working against time until Soviet reinforcements arrive. All in all, no game freezes, computer crashing bugs, or any glitches I detected.
Nice job!

Thanks for the feedback Krieg. Yes, it's definitely easier, but the way I see it, it can't be too easy when testers report dying. :D
The OFP Editing Center wishes to remind you that the faithful COMREF will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.
However, in the event that it does speak, you are encouraged to heed its advice. ;)

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #82 on: 25 Jun 2010, 04:44:23 »
EDIT :
only 9 minutes left for the download!  :clap:
I am definitely gonna test this ........... :good:

--------------------

downloading WGL (not sure though)
DL speed, 50~80 kbps :D

Regards,
Haroon1992
« Last Edit: 25 Jun 2010, 05:07:01 by haroon1992 »
Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #83 on: 27 Jun 2010, 03:36:29 »
Gave it another go tonight.
I'm happy to report no freezes, or lag.

The improvements are great, and levels the playing field more. I love the addition of the mines, though it took 4 to cripple those super tanks well enough, every bit helped. Beast managed to survive to the end (2 guys left) and I had one guy left. The SVD was also very welcomed for the beginning assault (great idea there). The reduction of crack troops and swarming, angry birds made the mission more enjoyable. All I can say about the mission itself, is that I think you should still add atleast one savegame that the player can combine with the normal save to use at his discretion.

:good:

Offline RKurtzDmitriyev

• Former Staff
« Reply #84 on: 27 Jun 2010, 13:52:58 »
Glad to hear that SBG. Thanks for testing. :)

I'll see if a radio saveGame can be worked into the mission.

@Haroon, glad to hear you want to test, I'm eager to hear the result. :good:

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #85 on: 30 Jun 2010, 16:39:10 »
I tested it two days ago.
I've been busy to post the results.

The mission was quite difficult.
I wasn't able to finish it.
Though i made it to the second wave (if i remember correctly)

And i accidently sent Beast back to the hills.
(You should set the radio triggers to repeatedly so that i could command them to attack/fall back several times)
There were only about 5 of us left (including me) and the ammo types of RPGs quite confused me (at first)
It took a while for me to scroll down and find the desired ammunition from the ammo boxes in the tents.
(maybe you should seperate them a bit further so that the action menu won't get filled up with unnecessary entries)

The mission was exciting as well as fun.
(I found a CAS(Close air support) calling device,maybe a radio operator, and it said i have to click on the map.
I did it and nothing appeared.
Is that function really included in your mission?(I think it is supplied with the mod)
)
Aside from that,the mod also was great.
I'll definitely give it a try when i get free time.
Sorry for the short feedback, I am too busy to sit down and post the results properly.

Regards,
Haroon1992

Offline RKurtzDmitriyev

• Former Staff
« Reply #86 on: 30 Jun 2010, 16:49:33 »
No prob Haroon, thanks for testing. :good: I was waiting for your feedback before I made any update, and now I'm glad I did. :)

And i accidently sent Beast back to the hills.
(You should set the radio triggers to repeatedly so that i could command them to attack/fall back several times)

I'll consider it. The problem is that, on the other hand, I don't want the exact same dialogue to occur every time Beast is given an order.

It took a while for me to scroll down and find the desired ammunition from the ammo boxes in the tents.
(maybe you should seperate them a bit further so that the action menu won't get filled up with unnecessary entries)

Good point, I'll see if I can stagger them out a bit.

(I found a CAS(Close air support) calling device,maybe a radio operator, and it said i have to click on the map.
I did it and nothing appeared.
Is that function really included in your mission?(I think it is supplied with the mod)

Yes, those radio operators come with CAS radio actions. I'll see if it's possible to remove them. It does tend to confuse people when no CAS has been included in the mission.

The mission was exciting as well as fun.

Glad to hear, that's what I aimed for. :)

Offline RKurtzDmitriyev

• Former Staff
Re: [SP] Village De-Pacification v.4.0 (7/4/10)
« Reply #87 on: 04 Jul 2010, 19:39:33 »
New version eh :P

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
Re: [SP] Village De-Pacification v.4.1 (7/4/10)
« Reply #88 on: 05 Jul 2010, 07:01:04 »
I'll get to it soon pal, I'm testing something in Arma2 at the moment.

Walter_E_Kurtz

Re: [SP] Village De-Pacification v.4.1 (7/4/10)
« Reply #89 on: 18 Jul 2010, 16:36:53 »
It's meant to be easier?! I guess it must be because I managed to complete it, even though the plan went just as pear-shaped and I was just as frantic trying to rearm as I recall from an earlier version.

Issues
   - there was an enemy soldier still alive (at the edge of Larche) when I got the 'mission complete' message. I know because I managed to shoot him between that and the final cutscene.
   - I had a freezing problem upon resuming a mission from earlier in the week. I was continuing from the first autosave and the freeze would occur when one of my team killed the BMP (when its destruction script would kick in). This seems to have been caused by my removing VIT's APC pack from my OFP\Addons directory - even though it's also in WGL. Once I had things back to the way they were, I was untroubled by any futher freezes.
   - I could not discern any lag other than normal.

Suggestions
   - consider using some other markers that come as part of WGL. Give the Patrol marker a name - I had to dig deep into the notes to find out what it was. You can then change the name to a blank once the mission starts.
   - once both squads are in the town and down to twelve units between them, there could be an option for Beast to join Abel.
   - rearming my team-mates is still a PITA. I don't mind machine-gunners and RPG guys, but wish the others could help themselves to the mags in their rucksacks. I'm not sure if the scripting would be worth it - compare their current mags to what they started with and then convert rucksack mags to normal. The trouble is that I don't see a way of counting empty magazine slots.

but are there Soviet apaches?
They have the V-80 aka Ka-50 Blackshark.