Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Secure LZ/evac fine tuning  (Read 1233 times)

Offline eegore

• Members
Secure LZ/evac fine tuning
« on: 05 Dec 2009, 09:53:36 »

I could use some help here refining a standard series of helo extracts. 

The player is a cargo unit and is assigned various roles such as providing cover fire at an LZ while units board.  The idea is to have multiple inserts in one mission.

I need help with the following:

I use a unit count trig to tell the chopper when to leave and drop the units off at the MASH LZ.  However if one unit dies then Im stuck at the extraction point forever. 

This also means all groups to be picked up must be the same count unit numbers.  Is there a way to get the helo to return to base when all available group members AND myself are in the cargo even if only one group member survives? 

Second is that I would like to repeat this process but Im not really sure what the most efficient method would be.  For instance right now I just have a distance trig check if the leader of group 1 is by the MASH LZ and if he is the Helo will domove getpos to the second evac area. 

Once again, if nobody from group one survives then the Helo will not advance to group 2. 

Third is that the Helo always drops via trig command (flyinheight) by the Game Logic LZ and stays unless I get out, then it lifts off and moves closer to the Game Logic and drops again.  Why the heck does it do that?

Up until now Ive just used radio commands to domove getpos the Helo from one LZ to another, but I am looking for another method.

I hope all that makes sense.

Thanks