Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [MP coop 1-8] Once Upon a Time... Version 1-15  (Read 9071 times)

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
Re: [COOP 1-8] Once Upon a Time... Version 1-7
« Reply #30 on: 15 Dec 2009, 13:53:52 »
Glad to hear the mobile respawn works again! :P

The town cleared comes too quickly there are plenty of guys around
I didn't want players to search the town for the last enemy unit , thats why there's this message: "We almost have control of Lopatino", when the trigger condition is reached to move to the airport (number of enemies - number of players<5, and it's the same for the end condition of mission at the airport)

I still think you should hide the airport respawn until its time. I'm pretty sure its duable even if you need update norrins array mid game.
I will ask norrin how to do it, I don't want to ruin the revive again!
Another solution could simply be to suppress the airport respawn point, now that the mobile respawn works... ;)

EDIT: there was an error in the stringtable file, so I modified it and add informations in the notes section, V1.9 uploaded! :D
« Last Edit: 16 Dec 2009, 15:13:58 by fleepee »

Offline Ebden

• www.legionofsparta.com
  • Members
Re: [COOP 1-8] Once Upon a Time... Version 1-9
« Reply #31 on: 16 Dec 2009, 23:40:47 »
We ran it with 4 guys tonight, two tries.  It is coming along well, but a few major hangups.

The biggest was a freeze as we approached the airports.  I hosted the first, a friend hosted the second.  The lockup/screen freeze came as we got near the grey box (on the map) SE of the airfield.  I was AFK when it froze the first time, but the second time we found that a couple of us froze first, a couple continued to live in-game for 30s-1min before noticing moon-walking characters and the inevitable red-chain/server communication error.  The only consistent part of the freeze was several characters approaching the airport.  The first time, I had died in lopatino after we earned the airport objective, and I was able to respawn at the airfield and engage enemies (dying/respawning several times).  The other players had already received the audio and air support options.  This did not happen the second time.

Other tidbits:
On the MP setup screen, the names 'Igor' and 'Dimitiri' are all-caps.  The other names are first-cap, rest lowercase.

The first conversation about the tractor and associated cutscene started only 10-15s into the game, and the second conversation/cutscene at Yuri's house also started and scrolled too quickly.

The white pickup blew up without passengers in the first run, next to Yuri's house.  No other explosions/tank rounds fell nearby (if that's what it was).

After the narration text in top-right about Russians moving toward the airport, a second appears that reads 'blabla'

I'm very happy with the town difficulty now, and I can live with that many enemies still alive in Lopatino.  To help players handle leaving that many behind, the storyline/Igor's subtitles should clearly emphasize the need to leave a battle and rush to the airfield.  I'll have a look at the stringtable.  It might be fine as-is.

Ah-reminds me.  The stringtable file has nothing in its title to associate it with the mission.  It doesn't cause problems presently, but my MP folder is getting crowded, and keeping the naming convention in place for both associated files would help.

I don't have any comments about assaulting the airfield, since we didn't really get to it.

Great work!  Everyone who played it at sparta said it's a fun mission (up to the freezing part).

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: 17 Dec 2009, 18:51:46 »
Had a run through last night with two players.

Saw some hints that went blablabla

Also we didn't get the airsupport option as we went down the long end of the runway and attacked from the buildings for cover.

The wheeled vehicle wih the rockets at the end of the town never came in.

Clear town trigger still coming on too soon.

No other issues to report.

Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
« Reply #33 on: 18 Dec 2009, 16:40:35 »
a freeze as we approached the airports
I've experienced the same...
last lines of my rpt file:
Code: [Select]
Ref to nonnetwork object 1a750000# 1147256: craterlong.p3d
No alive in 10000
I got hundred of craterlong.p3d, don't know what it is... ???

Saw some hints that went blablabla
Sorry about that, it was for testing a player respawn script that permits to still have air support after dying...

Also we didn't get the airsupport option as we went down the long end of the runway
I enlarged the trigger at the airport to cover more space around. Air support is again restricted to Igor, the leader.

Clear town trigger still coming on too soon
I wanted to give leader the choice of leaving town with enemies or stay to clean it; yet only the second option seems to work in MP...

Edit :V1.10 uploaded...

« Last Edit: 18 Dec 2009, 18:04:40 by fleepee »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [COOP 1-8] Once Upon a Time... Version 1-10
« Reply #34 on: 22 Dec 2009, 16:55:31 »
Played it through again last night in veterans mode.  Had a couple of issues..

now the town complete wasn't registering as completed.
No tasks we're given after we got our weapons.
Air strike now works again.
Found the ammo truck at the airport...

Everything else worked fine.
Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
Re: [COOP 1-8] Once Upon a Time... Version 1-11
« Reply #35 on: 03 Jan 2010, 11:02:59 »
I made some edits and added last english corections by Ebden (thanks again!) :good:
V1.11 uploaded!

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
Re: [MP coop 1-8] Once Upon a Time... Version 1-12
« Reply #36 on: 27 Jan 2010, 09:24:17 »
I forgot to upload V1.12...
Done!

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [MP coop 1-8] Once Upon a Time... Version 1-12
« Reply #37 on: 15 Feb 2010, 21:53:20 »
Played this one a few nights ago.  Noticed that the mission title is called uppon instead of upon. There is also a dude by the checkpoint, who always freezes in mp games. He's dead but continues to stand and its the same guy each time. I'll try to get apic of him next time. We had some issues with mp sync not sure if it was version 11 or not  we'll give v12 a try next time.

Xbox Rocks

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
Re: [MP coop 1-8] Once Upon a Time... Version 1-13
« Reply #38 on: 27 Feb 2010, 19:46:17 »
Didn't see that dead guy standing (on a dedi)
I saw 2 of them, see pictures...

I've added a (great!) intro cutscene, new mp lobby parameter for the revive script: time before respawn location choice, and changed minor things...

V1.14 uploaded!
« Last Edit: 07 Mar 2010, 12:04:26 by fleepee »

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
Re: [MP coop 1-8] Once Upon a Time... Version 1-14
« Reply #39 on: 07 Mar 2010, 19:58:25 »
V1.14 uploaded!

Offline fleepee

• Members
  • Enter the Matrix!
Re: [MP coop 1-8] Once Upon a Time... Version 1-15