Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Move to shoot out region.  (Read 1127 times)

Offline GW

• ofp cadet
  • Members
  • The great Himalaya
Move to shoot out region.
« on: 24 Nov 2009, 04:53:20 »
I found one intresting thing,in a mission if i fired from gun,than after some time there are lot of enemy soldiers and tanks come near to me and kill me.how is this done.help
Be happy.
ofp die-hard fan for whole life

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: Move to shoot out region.
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2009, 05:39:38 »
This could be done in many ways. The simplest way is a detection trigger which switches the cycle waypoints of groups and redirects them to the players position. Anytime an unsilenced weapon is fired near enemy, they immediately learn of your position.

Offline GW

• ofp cadet
  • Members
  • The great Himalaya
« Reply #2 on: 22 Dec 2009, 18:08:47 »
I mean in a island.how cand we do this
Be happy.
ofp die-hard fan for whole life

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #3 on: 22 Dec 2009, 18:36:33 »
Take a look at the attached missionette.

Play it through a few times and you'll notice that the detected by trigger doesn't fire immediately even if they see you and start firing in your direction, so on its own it's not the best solution.

You'll see that there's an eventhandler assigned to the player (check this tutorial) which detects if the weapon fired wasn't silenced. That in itself is also not fool-proof because a) it gets activated even if the player is miles away from anyone, and b) also fires if the player sets a satchel charge or a mine - not the loudest activity by any means.

Hopefully you'll also see that with a combination of these things you can get pretty close to what you want to achieve, and that the answers are all here on OFPEC - you just need to do a bit of searching and experimenting in the editor.  :good: