Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: PedagneMOD project's questions  (Read 4782 times)

Offline arremba

• Members
PedagneMOD project's questions
« on: 18 Nov 2009, 07:36:26 »
Hi,
i'm finally setting the beta level of PedagneMOD vehicles and i need help with some problems about editing and scripting (i'm not very able in this). So, i open this topic as a box of my questions. Note that my project will be realesed both in Arma and Arma II. Ok, i start with the first questions:

1) Is it possible to encrease the water speed of an amphibious vehicles? An AAV7 can't go low as an M113! I have searched in this forum and i have added a string as "waterspeedfactor=0.2", increasing the value, but nothing...
« Last Edit: 18 Nov 2009, 12:48:25 by arremba »

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: PedagneMOD project's questions
« Reply #1 on: 18 Nov 2009, 15:42:17 »
Hi there,

I moved this topic here since it concerns addon editing. If you have questions specifically concerned with scripting  (outside of addons, or in lieu of addons) then feel free to ceate new topics in the appropriate forums! The reason for this is simple: if I'm searching for whatever it is you're looking for, I'll probably limit my search to one forum or set of forums: if the topic is in a totally different set of forums (say, in Multiplayer Scripting instead of in Configs) then I'm not going to find anything. So it's important things are in their proper place - multiple topics is not a problem.

Thank you,

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
  • SirDeanosbeano bstowed on me by sui ;)
    • Fraghaus
« Reply #2 on: 18 Nov 2009, 18:31:47 »

i guess Gnat would be able to answer the water vehicle question when he turns up .

Until then i can offer my best guess that

waterSpeedFactor = 0.2;

if normal speed is 100  then water speed will be 20 .

so if land speed is slow to start with then maybe raising waterfactor  will not yield much change.

also how is your config derived , meaning what is inheritance , i have only seen waterSpeedFactor = 0.2; in Landvehicle config not in any vehicle itself so maybe your vehicle may not even be configged to have a waterSpeedFactor = 0.2; ?
 just a couple of thoughts.

I love ofp

Offline arremba

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 18 Nov 2009, 19:25:11 »
...so if i write waterSpeedFactor = 1, the water speed is the same of land speed.....may be but do not function.
I have setted in four different vehicles of a two different files of two different class (wheeled and tracked) a waterSpeedFactor = 1 and at 1000. There is any change. The speed is the same...
Thanks for your reply :weeping:

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
    • Fraghaus
« Reply #4 on: 18 Nov 2009, 20:30:37 »

ok i hope i dont confuse things here :)

when inherit  for new vehicle  what i mean is this .

lets see  this class AAV
       inheritance is from    class AAV : Tracked_APC
     tracked_apc  inherit from    class Tracked_APC : Tank

it maybe that the inheritance structure needs to go right back class Car  which is the only class that uses this waterspeedfactor ?
 just a guess  and of course it may also be something to do with wheel circumfrence or even geometry weight .

I love ofp

Offline arremba

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 19 Nov 2009, 12:03:32 »
Infact this the trouble that i have tried also a wheeld vehicles that have inheritance as a Car...

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
    • Fraghaus
« Reply #6 on: 19 Nov 2009, 13:33:19 »
 only thing i can suggest is to paste your model.cfg and cpp at pastebin.com

i havent got any config where i am at moment so i cannot offer advise till evening.

when i looked other day i was confused to be honest as why this aav can even inherit the waterspeedfactor.

normal in my view ( from memory here) this aav cannot inherit from class car where it is ,so i have no idea how it does, The only way i can suggest as a test and this is not really good practice is to copy class car

class car { all of internal car config};

class myaav car
{

your cfg inside and enhance speed of waterfactor};

you may even have to add a different scope =  (not recommended but ok for test) to the class car

i am sorry if you have tried it but i havent seen any configs from you so i dont know.

Finally all landvehicles are limited to 120 apparently so it is possible water vehicle/ speed is limited too.

hopefully Gnat will add some weight to the discussion if not i will try to look more in depth if i get chance.
I love ofp

Offline Gnat

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • I Bite!
    • Gnats
« Reply #7 on: 02 Dec 2009, 14:55:51 »
No sorry, waterSpeedFactor was my guess.
My only other suggestion is if you haven't already done so, make you addon inherit DIRECT from an existing floating vehicle like the AAV, BMP3 or BMP2_Base.
This may pull the missing link into the config/addon.

Also, open the ArmAII P3D file of AAV.p3d from inside the PBO's and while O2 will error and say its binarized you can still read the Property Names. Try making your p3d have the same named properties.

Offline arremba

• Members
« Reply #8 on: 03 Dec 2009, 11:55:54 »
Thanks GNAT and Thanks DeanosBeanos,
i have followed your suggests but nothing, binarized and not.
I have also tried with modifing the fire geometry as a ship and reducing the weight to 2000...nothing playble...
I don't know other ways. Ok, i will survive...look forward

Now the second question:
2) i have read that the limit of the points in O2 is around 20.000 for a correct visualization in Buldozer.
Happend me that the count of points with a vehicle (i.e. VM90 Special Operations) is around 15.000 and Buldozer says me "ERROR: too many vertices". I have controlled if there was an hide seections...
But also happened the contrary. With MBT blindo Centauro the numbers of point is around 21.000 and Buldozer have a correct visualization of model. Both are created directely in O2, no imported.
Is there another parameter that i don't know?
Thanks all

PS@GNAT, interest some photo of Sparviero abandoned in a corner of port of Brindisi?

Offline Gnat

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • I Bite!
    • Gnats
« Reply #9 on: 03 Dec 2009, 12:49:01 »
The difference is probably related to how many Sharp vertices you have in each model.
You can apparently remove sections of you model by saving them to separate P3D proxies, but I've lost the instructions on how to do this. Try searching the BIS forums for those instructions.

On the Sparviero, love to see more pics. PM me with where I can download. Thanks :)

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
    • Fraghaus
« Reply #10 on: 03 Dec 2009, 20:20:03 »
"i have followed your suggests but nothing, binarized and not. "

well i think maybe time we saw a config then we can maybe see something you cannot ;).
 no pressure .

at number 2   like Gnat says when too much point,pollies or sections  in a model you can select a named property ( section) right click in named propertybox  and option = to create proxy of that section ,this way you can have massive poly/vert/etc model , of course it will need some good pc to run more than one lol.

sometimes its better just to merge some points where you can , i trust you already know this option but i tell you what i do , check a section if number of verts is massive and you think you can loose a little detail , then merge near / auto detect / a number is given for example 0.03456 , change this number to 0.00100 and see if it reduces without big damage to detail if nothinhg happens  raise the number value till it does and your happy with the result. for example next 0.00300  etc
just some ideas that i try with sucess

and remember the biggest FPS killer is sectioncount especially if these sections are used in model cfg for hiddetextures etc or small anims

I love ofp

Offline arremba

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 10 Apr 2010, 20:45:29 »
I'm finalizing the mod for the release of 30 april but....
I have worked with arma1 tools, 'cause many "metrial" was imported by this game. To finally binarize in Arma2, i have uninstalled all old tools, re-started the pc and installed new BIS tools of Arma2.
So ia have binarized. Result: if i put soldiers the game crash, if i put a vehicle, any basically animation is lost. So i have re-saved my 3d models and my text with the new textures, but the result is the same.
The MLOD function properly (over some bugs), but the RPT, and the .log after the binarization have a tons of this kind of error for each models and each LOD:
Warning: p:\asz_personeit\am_3d\am_1.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 864, 862, 861
or
Unrecognized texture type '.rvmat': 'asz_personeit\data\bis\us_spec_hhl.rvmat'

Have you some idea about to solve it?
Thanks

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
    • Fraghaus
« Reply #12 on: 11 Apr 2010, 02:02:45 »

Well you made a catastrophic mistake doing it that way i am afraid :(.

However your here for help  and  hopefully we can ;).

from my point of view  first thing you must do is  goto Pastebin.com  and place your  arma.rpt  when the game crashed and also relevant info from BInarise log  (st points are not necessary for finding the problem because this is know even with BIS models.)

things to note :

New tools 

Text view 2 will now Binarise the texture when saving ( or compresss) 

Arma2 rvmats now have different  structure  too and you should replicate from a Bis one depending if its unit /vehicle /house etc .

Unknown flag AlphaInstancing : error too so Flags need to be update to use  Arma2 ones.

Uservalues need always be  0 ,this happens when reducing section count with some community ways and will give error old style texture ......

also if you made new RTM for crew proxie and have not binarised with a model.cfg for skeleton present you will get  :

Obsolete CfgSkeletons for OFP2_ManSkeleton, move to model.cfg
No entry 'C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp.CfgSkeletons'.

plenty more but only your reports will tellexactly where you need to start
I love ofp

Offline arremba

• Members
« Reply #13 on: 11 Apr 2010, 11:14:28 »
Thanks for your reply.
About your note:
TextView2: so i must not put textures in a binarized file, but i must put them after?
RVMATs: i must re-write all rvmat files, starting by original ARMA2 file for each kind of tipology (units, vehicle...also if is air, wheeled or tracked?)
Flags: i must add the flag proxy in any LOD of any models?
Uservalues: i don't understand what kind of user value you are speaking...String in config files? I haven't a string with uservalue.

My note:
1) I have started always from original BIS characters and vehicles.
2) about "So i have re-saved my 3d models and my text with the new textures" i have re-saved the text and the models of characters and weapons.
3) the config/model file must be binarized in the same folder of 3D models?

Link of RPT on pastebin.com

http://pastebin.com/chTZ9U1e

Link where you can dowload the LOG files

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/pedagnemod/BKP/asz_personeit.log          (8mb)

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/pedagnemod/BKP/asz_beretta.log      (5mb)

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/pedagnemod/BKP/asz_air.log

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/pedagnemod/BKP/asz_wheel.log

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/pedagnemod/BKP/asz_tracked.log

Links where you can download the config files:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/pedagnemod/BKP/ASZ_PersoneIT_ARMA2_config.7z

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/pedagnemod/BKP/ASZ_Beretta_ARMA2_config.7z

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/pedagnemod/BKP/ASZ_ndd_weapons_ARMA2_config.7z

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/pedagnemod/BKP/ASZ_Air_ARMA2_config.7z

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/pedagnemod/BKP/ASZ_Tracked_ARMA2_config.7z

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/pedagnemod/BKP/ASZ_Wheel_ARMA2_config.7z

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
    • Fraghaus
« Reply #14 on: 11 Apr 2010, 17:13:33 »
 ok i start slowly  , one thing at a time maybe best here ;0.

firstly  Arma1 and Arma2  have very different  Methods even though Bis say it will need only small changes to move over .

lets start with this error :

asz_air\asz_efa_am_at.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape

This means 1 of  2 things  

A: the model or p3d is actually not where it sasy in config   Model = "\pathtomodel and modelname

B: the model has no geometry Lod at all even blank one .

Second :

Error: Model ca\data\particleeffects\rocketsmoke\rocketsmoke.p3d cannot be used as a sprite - it has not just one LOD level

Something is using a script  or even  a particle config is being transfered ?  this rocketsmoke.p3d   is being called by a configged FX or a script by the  (asz_efa_am_at) maybe ?  and the script maybe says  Billboard  when infact it needs to say Spaceobject  .

Third :

Old style material flags used - 1 (with texture asz_wheel\data\vm90_1_co.paa)

Many reasons for this :

you cannot simply take old texture and rvmat that work in arma and apply to model for Arma2 .

first take the texture  :asz_wheel\data\vm90_1_co.paa   Open in Textview2 latest version and re save , there is an bew feature in  latest version that will compress the texture  ( Binarise some say ).

next look at new Rvmat for Arma2 vehicle it differs from Arma1  you need to do same way .

also open model of  that contains the asz_wheel\data\vm90_1_co.paa  texture  in Oxygen
and select in resource library  window
:  current model :
asz_wheel\data\vm90_1_co.paa
: right click :
select in object
: then in top tabs  face properties  
: make sure user value = 0 .

ok i come back later real busy now ..

« Last Edit: 11 Apr 2010, 17:15:58 by DeanosBeano »
I love ofp