Missions Depot > OFP - Reviewed Missions

(Review Completed) [SP] The Red Grinder

(1/8) > >>

Krieg:
The Red Grinder

Author: Krieg

Description: Americans have been pushed off the Everon for a month now. They have put up more then a proper fight, but numbers eventually prevailed. NATO command has ordered them to retreat to southern peninsula and establish defense and hold off Russians until reinforcements arrive.
Soviet command has planed out a quick tank attack on southern peninsula. 5 T72's and 3 T80's are ordered to remove NATO presence from the island once and for all. You will lead the attack. Good luck.

Player's side: East

Mission version: Final

Version of OFP required: Resistance 1.96

Island: Everon

Addons Needed: DKMM M46 Artillery piece (In case link is broken, look it up on ofpr.info, version 1.2)
ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/dkmm_m46_v1_2.exe
KBB Gate (included)
BBS Dangerschild (included)

Bugs: None known yet.

Size of .ZIP file: 564 KB

Edit: This mission has been reviewed and is available from the Missions Depot.

Change-log:
Beta 0.1 - First version released to public for beta testing
Beta 0.2 - Added some support for player, remade the briefing, fixed some problems, added Soviet base at Levie.
Beta 0.3 - Re-remade the briefing (spelling problems hopefully fixed, and achieved a bit more realism in intel report), added some casualties of war, remade support (partially, bug encountered).
Beta 0.4 - Re-remade support (a lot of thanks on that to Walter_E_Kurtz), added more variation in the mission, personalized the mission a bit, fixed a briefing spelling error I found (1 M60 Patton MBT's instead of 1 M60 Patton MBT).
Beta 0.5 - Added intro and outro, added some more radio chatter and added new overview pic.
Beta 0.6 - Fixed some bugs, fixed some briefing grammar errors, added checkpoint between outpost and Durras, increased size of markers a little bit, added insertion marker, and added "propaganda pic" to mission package.
Beta 0.7 - Fixed end trigger, added black out at end of mission, fixed some stuff in briefing, moved checkpoint trigger, fixed some errors in outro, added some (very little) ambient sound.
Beta 0.8 - Fixed bas_o addon error, fixed failure ending instead of death ending bug, added outro loose.
Final - Minor polishings were made to the mission, fixed no-ending because of black out, and did minor fix to outro, costumized the overview, and polished ending a bit.

To-do list:
Fix the "search last loon" problem.
Build Soviet base at Levie.
Remake the briefing.
Add some radio-chatter
Add some support for player.
Casualties of war.
Re-remake the briefing.
Re-remake support.
Add some personalization.
Add more variety.
Make intro.
Make outro.
Fix some bugs.
Fix some briefing grammar.
Add insertion marker.
Fix marker sizes.
Minor changes to "propaganda pic".
Fix some briefing stuff.
Move checkpoint trigger.
Add a black-out at the end of mission.
Fix outro.
Fix end triggers.
Some minor mission editing.
Fix addon problem.
Fix failure at Vernon.
Prevent outro from appearing when player fails instead of wins.
Add outro loose.
Minor polishings.
Fix the end trigger.
Prevent tanks from exploding in outro, yet keep them destroyed.
Polish the ending a bit.
Costumize the overview.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All beta test are appreciated!  :good:

Thank you,
Krieg

savedbygrace:
Missing addon kkb gate? Also, your addon link takes you to the site but not the actual addon. There are two versions of that m46 I think, You will want to specify which version to use. Or provide an accurate link

Krieg:
Ohh yes! I forgot about kkb gate. Sorry.

About M46 artillery piece addon, I see only one on the page. And, to be honest, I copied the link from your "The Kolgujev Contract" mission. But anyways, I will update link to it.

Edit: Updated link to M46 addon and added KBB Gate.zip as attachment.

savedbygrace:
Dog gone it, your right. That darn gamepark. It seems everytime they add something it shifts content further down. Sorry about that pal. Yeah the latest version is 1.2 of that piece. Thanks for correcting things partner.

EDIT:
Tried again, this time Its telling me I am missing "Danger". I opened the pbo to make sure that was the last of them and sure enough that is the last of the addons required. Could you give us a link for that one too, please?

Krieg:
And I thought it was OFP resistance addon made by BIS.
Stupid me!
I will update it ASAP.

Edit: Can you tell me exact name of addon you are missing? Since I can't find danger.pbo in neither of my addon folders.
Edit 2: No need. I managed to find it myself. It is bbs_Dangerschild.pbo. Look in first post for download. And sorry for all this addon problems. Next time I will look more on what I am putting in the mission.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version