Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: HWK_C130 Texture Problem  (Read 1319 times)

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
HWK_C130 Texture Problem
« on: 22 Oct 2009, 06:34:53 »
I am using the HWK_C130 addon in my HALO Raid mission and Saved By Grace noticed that the texturing from the top of the cockpit instrument console is missing. I am trying to get in touch with HWK to see if he can add the texturing or if I can have permission to add the texturing myself, but I am having trouble getting in touch with HWK. I mistakenly thought at first that Hawkins was HWK, but I have since realized that Hawkin's tag is HAW not HWK. HWK is not an OFPEC tag, and the contact link provided with the HWK_C130 is broken. If anyone can help me contact the maker of the HWK_C130 I would certainly appreciate it.

Walter_E_Kurtz

Re: HWK_C130 Texture Problem
« Reply #1 on: 26 Oct 2009, 17:33:27 »
I don't think Hawk has been active since 2004, so there is close to no chance of getting in touch. Your best bet may be to try the people who have already updated Hawk's work: Bonko the Sane and Apex.

Furthermore, I don't think the problem is a missing texture, but rather wrong lighting being applied to the surface - it seems to shine in the night. As I see it, you have three options:

1. (Simplest) Do nothing
   - if you apply the NVG overview when looking at the cockpit at night, the problem is not noticeable. I'd guess the same would go for viewing it in daylight. Dusk and dawn would be the most awkward times.

2. (Righteous) Supply a fixed model
   - the models are already in MLOD format, so make a fixed copy and provide it in a separate pbo with a config deriving from the original
Code: [Select]
class RPT_hwk_C130: hwk_c130 {};3. (Troublesome) Release your own HWK_C130.pbo
   - it's addon- and mod-makers who would most frown upon this, but I consider some of them to be excessively precious about their work. In my opinion, addons should be considered as copyrighted materials, it's just that that copyright must expire eventually and I'd reckon five years to be reasonable. Thereafter, treat it as copy-left and admit whose source material you are (ab)using.

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
Re: HWK_C130 Texture Problem
« Reply #2 on: 13 Nov 2009, 22:12:16 »
Walter, your right. The texture looks fine during the day so it must be a night time lighting problem. I think I will do the first option. I will start the cutscene with NV goggles, then switch to no NV goggles during the jump phase. I am almost done with the HALO version where there are red lights as the ramp opens and then the green lights turn on when its time for the units to jump.
« Last Edit: 13 Nov 2009, 22:15:00 by Raptorsaurus »