Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: 'Nam resource Topic.  (Read 11944 times)

crow

Re:'Nam resource Topic.
« Reply #15 on: 27 Sep 2002, 18:39:10 »
I have moved my site to a server without all the popup adds.  I have also started a forum.
http://crowsofp.web1000.com
If anyone finds more links to Vietnam information that I do not have let me know and I will post a link on my site. 8)

Offline Nixer6

• Members
« Reply #16 on: 16 Nov 2002, 18:49:37 »
Yep, Lot's of good info here ;D
Why do I have to be a Rocket Scientist to make a good mission?

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #17 on: 07 Dec 2002, 00:39:20 »
just a suggestion maybe - but i kinda half made a vietnam mission and for the intro i used the 'Gooooooooood morning vietnam' speech thing from the film - its really funny to use, and i edited it to get all the funny bits - drop me a line if u want a copy
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

crow

« Reply #18 on: 07 Dec 2002, 04:26:11 »
That would be great could you email it too me.  I def. will give credit.

Azraell

« Reply #19 on: 07 Dec 2002, 21:30:52 »
lotso good info here.... Was talking with my old man about his time in nam, he was based south of Danang, Hill 10(until it was overrun on tet)....they would go out on ambush once per day and once every other night.... he was telling me about how they worked with the c-130s (puff the magic dragon), how they would put whats called "heat-tabs" around the target, very low light source, but "puff" can see them fine with scopes, 6 miniguns, 3 on right,3 left, and when it fired on the heat-tabbed target, the sound was a steady hum and a solid stream of light from the tracers shredded the jungle, he said it looked like lasers, a solid steady beam coming from the firing side of plane. so tell me, is there a puff addon?

Eviscerator

« Reply #20 on: 07 Dec 2002, 22:09:53 »
puff the magic dragons were AC-47's werent they?

http://www.1stcavmedic.com/glossary-files/ac-47-puff.htm

crow

« Reply #21 on: 08 Dec 2002, 04:01:34 »
First I would like to thank the person that made this a sticky topic.  As for the C130 I know that they did use it allot in Vietnam but I am not sure in the way mentioned above.  Check the download section for the C130.  The C-47 was used in Vietnam it was a WWII plane.  If you can not find them in the download section of this site you can get both addons from @WAR http://www.planetrainbowsix.com/atwar/

Azraell

« Reply #22 on: 08 Dec 2002, 14:52:51 »
well, maybe different platoons worked with them in different ways, my father went thru 2 tours in Nam, pretty sure hes not lying :P.....he said they came in alot at nite............

just got done doing some research......taken from a website....

The End of An Era

By the end of 1969, the AC-47D "Spooky" gunships were replaced by the larger, more advanced Lockheed AC-130A "Spectre" (Project Gunship II) and AC-119G/K "Shadow/Stinger" (Project Gunship III) line of gunships. Almost all of the surviving AC-47 aircraft were turned over to foreign air forces throughout Southeast Asia.

heres the link  .....   http://www.theaviationzone.com/facts/ac47.htm

heheh..cone of fire ;D

p.s..... he was wrong on # of guns on it  :-[ , only left side is armed.... but the plane coulda been further modded by its crew, adding weapons to the right side. ;)

p.s.s.... dled that ac-130 link u gave me... he made it as the un-armed version, thanks anyway....maybe in a few months some1 will get 1 out :)
« Last Edit: 08 Dec 2002, 16:21:42 by Azraell »

crow

« Reply #23 on: 08 Dec 2002, 19:35:28 »
I did not mean to sound like I was saying you dad was lying.  I know that they used the AC-47 in the early
part of the war and then the AC-130.  I myself spent 12 years in the army.  As for the C130 addon not having any weapons
you may want to put a request for some fine modder to make one with the mini gun.  It would be nice
to see one that can deliver large bombs out the back.  It was used for that in Vietnam.  I give your father credit for spending 2 tours in
Nam.  You should be proud, and I am sure you are.

Offline Nixer6

• Members
« Reply #24 on: 10 Dec 2002, 02:17:04 »
AC 130 ;D

What a great addon. We already have the Plane (although I have had trouble with the AI flying it) and numerous types of miniguns!

I wish I knew how to put it together :P

Some AC 130 links that I found:

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/annex/an18.htm

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/8758/history.html

And this one has some good Pics

http://www.spectrumwd.com/c130/gunship.htm

"If you build it, they will come"

« Last Edit: 10 Dec 2002, 03:01:52 by Nixer6 »
Why do I have to be a Rocket Scientist to make a good mission?

Azraell

« Reply #25 on: 11 Dec 2002, 23:16:17 »
thats all cool crow, i wasnt really implying that u sounded like u said he was lying, maybe im just too "overproud" of him;)  i was kind of hesitant to ask him about the finer details of nam(after nam he became a cop for 25 years(columbus,ohio) then got real religous, so im sure he didnt wanna remember all the horrors of nam.I had always thought he just went for 1 tour of duty,but he corrected me,hes got a giant scrapbook with pics and notes from his tours.....and all the pics start out ok(posing with weapons, beer can stacks in the bunkers, that sorta thing) but then the pics of his friends start having little notes written on them (legs blown off 4/69...killed 11/70),notes of that nature :(  ......hes got a killer pic of explosions about 200 yards from him and a bunch of other guys as nva stormed their hill and blew the wire at entrance to base, they scrammbled away in a chinook and about 10 minutes later it was hit by ground fire >:(, the pilot brought it in for crash landing and the impact broke it down the middle and scattered every1 in hold around crash site :o, they all made it with minor injuries... 2 hueys saved the day after s.o.s by pilot during landing :D swooped in and carried them to safety ;D

think i just saw a post a couple days ago here about sidefiring from planes in ofp........it said all planes guns in ofp must face forward :-\....seems if a huey can be fitted with side firing weps ,planes could to....owell, maybe santa will bring 1 ::)

happy editing! 8)

Vyper

« Reply #26 on: 11 Dec 2002, 23:46:53 »
Interesting............The AC-47 "puff's" were indeed used......as were the AC-130 "Spectre's"........However only once has somebody mentioned the good old venerable AC-119 Shadow....

Not very famous....an adaptation of the classic C-123 Provider but a little drastic modification on the tail......changing it completely from the standard too one not dis-similar of a WW2 Era giant P-38 Lightening!

I've atatched a pic.......its a strange plane but a beautiful one none the less!

Vyper

[Edit] File too big, damn!

Azraell

« Reply #27 on: 12 Dec 2002, 22:44:21 »
lol...wild idea! setpos a m2 unit with a loop and the barrel sticking out the side of the plane ;D....youd have to have one of the advanced guys here write up a accurate pos script for all the pitching and yawing the plane will be doing.... :-\

Eviscerator

« Reply #28 on: 21 Dec 2002, 18:51:19 »
think i just saw a post a couple days ago here about sidefiring from planes in ofp........it said all planes guns in ofp must face forward ....seems if a huey can be fitted with side firing weps ,planes could to....owell, maybe santa will bring 1

they dont need to be facing forwards, they just cant move, the plane simulation doesnt support a 'turret' type weapon, the planes and helicopters go by different parameters, which is also why you cant have rockets on wheeled vehicles, its just a limit of the game engine :)

devil,s guard

« Reply #29 on: 27 Dec 2002, 08:00:36 »
www.ofpnam.com has the DEVIL'S GUARD 30 MISSION PACK and a MP PACK with another mission pack OPERATION HIGH LANDER being beta tesetd as i type.40 mission and the next mission pack being made now OPERATION LONG REACH