Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: problem with an artillery script in mp  (Read 1311 times)

Offline M!StAkE id11479

• Members
problem with an artillery script in mp
« on: 18 Oct 2009, 22:31:37 »
Hi ofpec people  :)
Once again i need your help :
I spended big hours for make an mp coop, i added in an artillery script downloaded in Ofpec : sentinel's artillery script 1.4.
Its a wonderfull script easy to use, but in mp only the user of the script can hear the Lst shooting and seeing the missiles and their smokes, the other peoples are no more ables to read the blue chat from the script and listening the voices giving coordinates, BUT they can see the mortar explosions used by the script...
I have really no idea of how does for have it clean, and i smell that its not hard, in the things i catched from the mission exemple there are a censor make me thinking it miss just a modification:

condition: true
on activation : onMapSingleClick {[_pos,_alt,["target1","target2","target3"],[[target],"next",lst,10,10,"mortarshell","manual",10,"auto",0.75,150]] exec "Artillery_ClickTarget.sqs"}

Maybe i need only to use an "count thislist" on the player's soldiers as condition?  :dunno:
I have different ideas about that but its hard to try them all : it need somebody during each tests!

[i realize when i read the definitive post : maybe i have just to add " foreach units mygroup " at end of the line? A public variable for the start maybe? Damn, its close im sure! ]
« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2009, 22:38:11 by M!StAkE id11479 »

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
Re: problem with an artillery script in mp
« Reply #1 on: 19 Nov 2009, 16:45:43 »
Mis,
I read your Piss Off thread and then saw this one below. You must read this resource http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=details&id=545&game=OFP on MP issues. If you understand it you will have almost no problems making MP missions. Sadly, the Ed Depot resources do not list what is compatible with MP.  :no:

Crying on the forums that everyone ignores you makes everyone want to ignore you, especially if you attack people, or say "no one cares about my superior ultra-realistic missions". OFP is near death and very few people read this part of the forums anymore. Many people who got on-board with ArmA and ArmA2 do not know sqs style scripting.

One OFP coop server(no dm only coop) that is still alive and kicking is that of my clan www.nakedsquid.com
« Last Edit: 19 Nov 2009, 17:04:14 by Mr.Peanut »
urp!