Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Face LODs?  (Read 1540 times)

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Face LODs?
« on: 29 Sep 2009, 15:19:42 »
I have, with much sterling guidance and input from Planck, been working an making a blackop without a mask for a few cutscenes. The final problem appears to be with the face LOD. When the missionette first starts, the loons have the correct face (Gastovski), a few seconds later the face changes to the default.

The same thing happens when alt-tabbing back and forth from game to desktop.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2009, 09:16:47 by bedges »

Walter_E_Kurtz

Re: Face LODs?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2009, 17:33:48 »
How are you applying Gastovski's face to the model:

- is it hard-coded by changing the face texture? In all LODs?
        Then the problem would be in the selections. The game will use osobnost to apply whatever it sees fit.

- is it by scripting, ie. using setFace? When does this kick in - in the model's config or in the mission?

If you're willing to risk ridicule, post it and I'll have a look for you.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2009, 18:23:02 »
Aye, it's using the standard this setface "Face24" in the unit's init.

EDIT - p3d attached.

Edit: attachment (BEDG_saboteur.zip) lost in the crash of November 2009 - WEK
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2010, 00:23:43 by Walter_E_Kurtz »

Walter_E_Kurtz

« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2009, 22:22:11 »
The osobnost selection in the 1st LOD (0.150) is badly defined - it only includes 7 faces when it should include the whole head. My recommendations for fixing it:

hold CTRL and double-left click on data\xicht_a.paa in the Texture List - the whole head and NVG proxy should turn red.

hold ALT and right-click the Front view-pane to make it active

hold both CTRL and SHIFT and select one of the points in the NVG-proxy to remove it from your current selection - the whole head should remain red

in the Selection List, right-click on osobnost and choose Redefine from the menu

That should be all you need to do, just save your (hopefully) fixed model.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 30 Sep 2009, 23:51:04 »
Many thanks for the input so far, but I am sorry to report that the face still refuses to change. It's also now the same face all the time regardless of distance, not sure if that's a positive thing or not.  :dunno:

EDIT - on a hunch I reinstated the cfgmodels part of the config Planck said should go in, but which I (in my oh-so-infinite wisdom) didn't think was making any difference. And guess what?

It works :)
« Last Edit: 01 Oct 2009, 00:09:49 by bedges »