Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Anyone cunning regarding the changed particle stuff ?  (Read 1571 times)

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Hi all,

I posted an ad in the recruitment lounge as well:

http://www.ofpec.com/recruitment/index.php?action=show_request&id=33

Please delete this thread if it's against the forum rules to throw a "hook" out here as well.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to convert ArmA1 particle scripts into ArmA2 friendly solutions.
I have a quite complicated script that works perfectly in ArmA1, but many effects are not working in ArmA2.
I completely suck when it comes to particles, all - copy and paste/trial and error - for me.

Anyone?

I'll be gone for a week (starting tomorrow), but would gladly trade some work after that. I'll let this thread sit for a week and see if anyone is interested. I hope...

I'm pretty OK at:

-Making missions
-Sounds
-Music
-Dialogue
-Camera
-Simple scripts
-"Feeling"

Cheers,

Laggy
« Last Edit: 07 Sep 2009, 21:00:21 by laggy »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Anyone cunning regarding the changed particle stuff ?
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2009, 10:04:44 »
Problem is that many A1 particles are now into universal. For example, for something like smoke:
Code: [Select]
_particle_shapename = ["\Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal", 16, 12, 8];
First number is fixed to 16, as it is the number of columns of the grid , second is the row you want to play, and third the number of frames to play. Find attached how universal grid looks like.

Last two rows are hard to see, as the original image is paa with white foreground there and then transparent colour. These rows have something similar to water effects.
« Last Edit: 03 Jan 2012, 00:46:20 by savedbygrace »

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #2 on: 19 Sep 2009, 02:09:13 »
Thanks Mandoble !!!

Does that mean you are interested ? ;)

Laggy
« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2009, 02:12:51 by laggy »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #3 on: 02 Nov 2009, 21:46:04 »
Anyone  :dunno:

Would gladly trade some work.

Laggy