Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Message Sounds  (Read 1539 times)

Offline 33OF11PE00

• Members
Message Sounds
« on: 05 Sep 2009, 15:18:54 »
 ???  ??? Is there a tutorial for a custom message sounds for OFP. Like in this mission by BIS Steal the car where your hear this message in the beginning of mission :"You are in position six no go and grab that car. OUT" I don't know if the text is right but you can get my idea here. In short my idea is :"Messages with SOUND AND TEXT at the same time." I now they are. OGG files but how to insert them in the game?
« Last Edit: 05 Sep 2009, 17:30:54 by 33OF11PE00 »
OFP Forever!

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re: Message Sounds
« Reply #1 on: 05 Sep 2009, 16:29:36 »
There's a good tutorial by SavedByGrace here.

Offline 33OF11PE00

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 05 Sep 2009, 17:24:26 »
Good answer bedges. That tutorial is just what i need.  :clap:  :yes:  :good: . That user SavedByGrace is awesome fellow  :) .Also I found a good mission upload tutorial by him.  :good:  :good:  :yes: . But I got to say that cut scene requirement is bit hard. Because in fast action paced missions the cut scenes are NOT NEEDED  :no:  :no: . If this cut scene answer is unclear. Let me explain myself. If the mission is over under 10 minutes how do you put a cut scene in there  ???  ???
« Last Edit: 07 Sep 2009, 11:40:54 by 33OF11PE00 »
OFP Forever!

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #3 on: 26 Sep 2009, 12:54:07 »
Do you mean....How do you stop gameplay, take control from the user long enough to show your cinema, give control back and end the camera work? 

Offline 33OF11PE00

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 15 Nov 2009, 01:28:23 »
Yes. I want to pause the game during the trigger activated camera scene. About your sound tutorial SavedByGrace: Awesome help there :clap: :clap: :clap:
« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2009, 01:30:39 by 33OF11PE00 »
OFP Forever!

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 15 Nov 2009, 08:41:05 »
Yes, that was to be mentioned in the later parts of the scripting section. Need to get my rear around to finishing that.

Basically, you can not pause the environment around the player. You can however setposition, spawn and delete things however you wish. Using the scene transitions such as black out and black in, or creatively positioning the camera so that the viewer can't see things happening beyond the screen edge, you can manipulate the environment easy enough. You'll first want to setcaptive the player so that the enemy does not view him as a target. Then remove control from him so he can't shoot himself in the foot or other lethal action. You can grab the coordinates, speed, direction of any units or objects you wish as the scene begins and then reposition things where you need them as it closes but this would remove from the realism.
The most popular cutscene protocol is to player setcaptive true/false and enableuserinput false/true. The rest of the ambience should be left alone to add life to the background. Does that clear anything at all up?

Walter_E_Kurtz

« Reply #6 on: 15 Nov 2009, 15:00:10 »
And also to setAccTime 1.

A good habit to get into is setting the acctime to 1 at the start of all cutscenes, in case the player is running at 4x speed when the scene starts.

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 17 Nov 2009, 05:23:37 »
I never ever considered that cold harsh fact Walter. All those years in OFP, I NEVER used the speed button. I will definitely include that in all of my scripts now.