Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Strange Addon Error  (Read 5674 times)

Offline JamesF1

• Editors Depot Staff
    • JamesBurgess.co.uk
Re: Strange Addon Error
« Reply #15 on: 29 Aug 2009, 17:49:12 »
I do stand by my theory in overall scenario that scope 1 is for base class and those inheriting should be scope 2 .
Ordinarily I'd agree with you - but in this case, the HMM_DropBox ammobox serves only to be used by a single script, so it's just easier (from my POV) than cluttering the in-game menu.

could it be you havent binarised and there is no PBOprefix ?
Nope, checked those.

are you the one getting the error or is it a friend on aserver that actually doesnt have the addon  , it is possible for people to join servers without the ness addons , if the addon is only created inb a script ( another good example of why its good practice to place a dummy of any custom addons to be createvehicled before saving ) ?
I get it, a friend (also with the addon) gets it, etc.

does the other pbo that has the scripts  had as a required addon hmm_units ? 
Yes, but it made no difference to the problem even when removed.

finally , i have seen a few people with this problem since arma2 , i am beggining to wonder if there is some changes in arma2  config set up that we havent noticed yet .
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  Strange that 'activateAddons' in the script would make it work, though, if that were the case.

Thanks very much for your help/suggestions :)  Looks like I'm just going to have to stick to calling activateAddons in the script, and hope it's sufficiently 'future-proof'!

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
  • SirDeanosbeano bstowed on me by sui ;)
    • Fraghaus
« Reply #16 on: 29 Aug 2009, 18:11:25 »

well it keeps looking like one of those something simple missing/somethings broken in the game to me which are always frustrating.

Looks like I'm just going to have to stick to calling activateAddons in the script, and hope it's sufficiently 'future-proof'!
I heard somewhere that using this in configs or was it if called  can overwrite the addons  activated in mission .sqm ?

maybe one time someone will find time to sort all this out but for now sounds like you found a way .

I love ofp

Offline JamesF1

• Editors Depot Staff
    • JamesBurgess.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: 29 Aug 2009, 18:22:20 »
I meant in the script (right before the createVehicle) rather than the config - but, at least now I know not to use it in a config  :D

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
  • SirDeanosbeano bstowed on me by sui ;)
    • Fraghaus
« Reply #18 on: 29 Aug 2009, 18:43:13 »
 yeah i got you n that mate ,
 What i said was me thinking out loud dont worry , i believe some things can call from inits and it messes up in multiplayer.
 However i did come across something similar if not opposite to this once where someone wrongly used required addons and when the addon was loaded but not even used in a mission the addon was autosaved to the .sqm i dont know if its poss but it seemed they configured it that a core file  required there addon ( unnecessarily), there is obviously something somewhere that's changed in A2.

I love ofp

Offline DMarkwick

• Contributing Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: 03 Sep 2009, 22:03:10 »
I've got what might be a related issue. It's to do with the Fire&Smoke addon, a member over at BIS tried it out for me on his server, and he reported that, although the addon continued to function apparently normally, people did receive a "you cant play this mission, it requires JTD_FireAndSmoke" error ingame, when someone else did something that caused a spawn of a custom object. Even though everyone did indeed have that addon.