Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Heliroute for ArmA2 (ACCEPTED)  (Read 7827 times)

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
Re: Mando Heliroute for ArmA2 (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #15 on: 09 Sep 2009, 11:20:50 »
Mando, it's maybe offtopic, but do you know why - in my version of your script above - player's group member don't get out from the heli by {unassignVehicle _x;} forEach units group player; Itás do nothing right now.
Not a big problem, because player can order his men to get out and it's work, but could be better an automatic get out.
Fix bayonet!

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #16 on: 09 Sep 2009, 11:54:01 »
In the mission example there is an automatic getout. When route is signaled as finished, the init.sqf GETS OUT all the group members. This is something that needs to be done by other scripts, not by the heliroute one. Heliroute has no idea about what do you want to do when the route is finished. You might have running in parallel a script that checks if player group leader is inside the chopper and add an action that, if activated, forces the getout of its entire group with action "getout".

Offline zonker3210

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 17 Sep 2009, 03:53:13 »
Thanks, Mando, for another really great script. I could use a bit of help, though, as I'm a little stumped when it comes to having a chopper fly to a point and hover for a bit. For example, I placed a Game Logic marker on the map and can have the helo fly to it and land. No problems there. The problem comes when I try to get the chopper to hover 15 meters off the ground. If "pt1" is the game logic marker and "helo_insertion1" is the chopper, my first attempt didn't work at all...

Code: [Select]
_dropoff1 = [helo_insertion1,[(getPos pt1 select 0), (getPos pt1 select 1), 15],75, false]execVM"mando_heliroute_arma.sqf";
However, once I added brackets around each item in the "pt1" array, I was able to get the chopper to move to the appropriate point...

_csar1 = [helo_insertion1,[([getPos pt1] select 0), ([getPos pt1] select 1),15],75, false]execVM"mando_heliroute_arma.sqf";
(I'm posting the above code snippets in case anyone else runs into the same issue. I spent far too much time on something so simple! ;) )

Unfortunately, once the chopper arrives at the destination point, the status *never* seems to change to "not busy". For example, the code after this line...

waitUntil {helo_insertion1 getVariable "mando_heliroute" != "busy"};
...is never executed.

I'm sure that there's something which I am overlooking but I've reviewed everything I can think of and nothing seems amiss. Any and all constructive suggestions as to how I might resolve these issues are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
 - z

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #18 on: 17 Sep 2009, 11:59:49 »
Hi Zonker, the route parameter is an array of positions (one or more positions):
[pos1, pos2, pos3, ..., posn]
and each position is an array [x,y,z]

In your code you are not using arrays of positions, but single positions alone:
[(getPos pt1 select 0), (getPos pt1 select 1), 15]
->>>
[ [getPos pt1 select 0, getPos pt1 select 1, 15] ] <- Now this is an array with a single position inside.

In this other case:
[([getPos pt1] select 0), ([getPos pt1] select 1),15]
well, this is simply all wrong and will never work.

Check the script header for more info and examples.

Offline Nephris

• Members
« Reply #19 on: 19 Oct 2009, 18:04:03 »
Hi friends,
sry for reactivating that thread here, but i have a question concerning this script.
I would like to create an AI-Helo-Taxing throughout a MP Misison with landings at Insertion Point and landings on Respawn point.
This taxiing shall circle, like waiting 2mins @respawn point - flying to insertion point,unloading for 20 sec and returning to respawn point and circle on.

But to be honest i ve no cluwe if this is possible by using Mandobles script or how to change the code to get it working that way.

Could you give me hint?
Greetz & cheerz