Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Getting started with DIALOGs  (Read 1279 times)

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
Getting started with DIALOGs
« on: 18 Aug 2009, 15:41:27 »
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post.....
Although i have experience with scripting, i am still very new to Dialogs....
It would be great if some of you could give me an example..... ;)

I prefer a thorough explanation of the commands needed to make a dialog than just reading brief ones...

I wanted to make a dialog appear if the player get near car1, the dialog contains two options, one is "Steal the car" and the other is "Buy the car".
If the player steals the car,then a man called "man1" will move to the player's position.
If the player buys,then a hint will be displayed showing "30000$ has been deducted from your bank account"

If one of you gave me the example of how to do the above matter, I will be very happy.
Thanks for reading this
Thanks in advance
Keep the good things up  :clap:
Haroon1992.....................................  :good:
Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: Getting started with DIALOGs
« Reply #1 on: 18 Aug 2009, 16:47:28 »
There are not many good tutorials on dialogs, not even for OFP. What you will have to do is take an example and try to figure it out. Then ask questions where needed. I'd suggest looking at my arma hoz_dabomb example. It contains all the add action examples you'll need plus a pretty simple dialog.

Xbox Rocks

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
Re: Getting started with DIALOGs
« Reply #2 on: 19 Aug 2009, 15:42:32 »
Thank you, :clap:
I am downloading your example now........

Haroon1992.,...............

EDIT :  I can't open any of your missions, hoz_dabomb and hoz_countdown timer....
One of them is concerned with the missing police vehicle addon that i don't have..........
The other one has nothing (no objects or units) in the mission editor and it has an error saying "Downloadable content that has been deleted"
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2009, 16:42:25 by haroon1992 »
Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(