Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [Coop 2-10] Runway  (Read 5213 times)

Offline sardaukar17

• Members
Re: [Coop 2-10] Runway
« Reply #15 on: 08 Oct 2009, 19:39:26 »
if are still getting the repeating briefing i must have loaded the wrong version... give me some time on the other items. the Farp radius is defined by the warfare building not by a script.. I will definatly help out the eng with teleport and more detail in briefing.

out of curiosity are you hosting off a dedicated server? or off of one of your machines?

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: 08 Oct 2009, 20:39:01 »
We always play off a dedicated server.. its the only way to play :D
Xbox Rocks

Offline sardaukar17

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 11 Oct 2009, 02:47:56 »
That is great I am actually suprised it works on Dedicated cause I never tested it on one lol.

What is the server name if you don't mind? I would love to play my own maps with a crowd.
Plus there is no better way of finding bugs than with a group.

(FYI I posted a fresh version of Platoon. I really do feel it blows Runway away.. Would LOVE an opportunity to check that out with a crowd as well. Only got about 4 people on it at one time so far.)

Also I will try to have you a new version of Runway with those issues you mentioned before addressed by tomarrow 10/11/09.

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: 11 Oct 2009, 16:10:10 »
We tried one of the first versions of platoon but found it not very playable and its evo 'like' so we typically shy away from those types. With all the other missions to test we haven't been back to it yet. To me the Runway so far is a much better mission atm thats why we keep playing it and hoping for an update.

You should always try your MP missions on a dedicated server because the behavior of scripts and such can really differ then on a hosted game. Plus 90% of the people out there will play it on a dedicated server. You can run a dedicated server on the same machine as you play on for testing purposes. Many people do.
Xbox Rocks

Offline sardaukar17

• Members
« Reply #19 on: 11 Oct 2009, 22:13:59 »
That is how I tested out Platoon.. Trying to understand the interaction between client and host is difficult and judging from the forums allot of people including myself don't fully understand it. But it works so I must have learned somethign. I hadn't realized that Evo became so unpopular. Back when I played the most when ARMA1 was out it seemed EVO was about the only map on the servers. Platoon has everything Runway has and much more with the Focus being on Conquering cities rather than rushing the coast. Runway was a starter map for me which I learned a ton on. Platoon is a testimate to how far I have come in the last 6 months of learning to do scripting.

Anyway that is all off subject.. The NEW version of RUNWAY is available. I moved things around a little so don't get confused if you start in a different area in the airfield. I also tested a few features that were not working right on the Dedicated servers. The Service stations where not working right which is I think why you mentioned increasing the area around them. That has been fixed. (-disclaimer- "Should be fixed") You should find the area much more accessible.
Other Fixes
  • All players can Teleport to the tank now. Not just the officer and the Crew.
  • Markers are following the deployable buildings now.
  • I decreased how far the back the Tank goes when it respawns. It is still based on a Gamelogic that jumps every 400 meters instead of every 600.
  • I added more info in the Briefing for the Engineer. It can be found under "Vehicle Notes". I'm not happy with it yet. but I ren out of time today.

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: 12 Oct 2009, 01:26:52 »

Ok tested it out and the first thing i have to say is use the same versioning in the file name and in the mission description. When playing on dedicated servers its a real pain in the arse to reload the server and when you're on the dedicated server its very hard if not impossible to tell which version your running if you don't update the mission name. Briefing now works properly. Is it possible to get a picture in there?

MP options. I think you should add some options here... perhaps variable time length based on difficulty or no grass option, day time options.. there are a few common ones people are using...

Tasks.. the left hand section is too long for people with smaller monitors or smaller resolutions.. see attachment pic. Briefing now works properly. Is it possible to get a picture in there?

Reammoing each time you die sucks especially if you're dying alot :D   I think norrin has a script that will remember the persons loadout on respawn.

I really think you should be moving tanks to last known service center...   :good:

Teleporting to the tank... I would add a check to see if tank is alive before a person is able to teleport. Alot of times if the player teleports and then the tank respawns that person is respawned into the middle of the battle.

If a person JIP's as engineer, he is not able to build the artillery guns. Also the service center building is only built on the engineers pc. the building isn't shown on other players machines. The helo H object is visible though.

« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2009, 06:29:05 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline sardaukar17

• Members
« Reply #21 on: 13 Oct 2009, 00:59:21 »
lol Curses... May be a while before new update. Was hoping to put it to rest that time. Thank you for the feed back. I obviously still have allot of work to do converting this thing to Dedicated and adding options.